• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just ate at the one on the north side Indy. Never been to one and always wanted to go. The new spicy citrus steam pot commercial was driving me crazy so we finally went. Got the appetizer sampler, my wife got the coconut shrimp, and I got the spicy citrus steam pot. All was excellent and the only thing that was missing was corona and lime. I'm driving. Next time I go, I'll see if I can get a pound of each kind of crab in the same spicy citrus.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Yes, there commercial is calling to me also, Was thinking of taking my wife there for Mother's Day, but the children have a different plan.

We will be going next weekend.

When I would go to Maryland to visit my brothers, it was a treat to go out to the different fish and seafood rest. near the bay.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We haven't been to Joe's in quite a while, but we've had some pretty good meals there in the past. They do a fairly good job for being in the Midwest and not a seaside joint. Now, I might have to try and convince the family to drop in sometime soon and get some crab stuffed mushrooms and crab cakes.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We haven't been to Joe's in quite a while, but we've had some pretty good meals there in the past. They do a fairly good job for being in the Midwest and not a seaside joint. Now, I might have to try and convince the family to drop in sometime soon and get some crab stuffed mushrooms and crab cakes.

We really liked the appetizer sampler. It had calamari rings and a small whole one on top. Chips and crab dip was excellent. There were also 4 fried balls that had crab, shrimp and other stuff in them that were really good as well.

My steam pot had a great flavor of citrus and Tobasco. The Tobasco wasn't overpowering and was just right.

I love crab but will seldom pay the price for it. For just plain steamed crab, I'd just as soon eat imitation crab for the price. Places like red lobster don't offer the different flavor combos like joes does. If they ever build one in Lafayette, I'd definitely go more often.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Sounds gross, but the crab nachos are my favorite thing at that place. They are phenomenal! Haven't been for a few years, we'll have to go this summer. I like sitting outside there over the water.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sounds gross, but the crab nachos are my favorite thing at that place. They are phenomenal! Haven't been for a few years, we'll have to go this summer. I like sitting outside there over the water.

They look good. That crab dip and chips is great. Adding the other stuff makes it all the better, I'm sure.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Both of my sons used to work there so family got 1/2 price food. Most of the food there was pretty good for indiana seafood. The crab nachos were a favorite. All of the steam pots were very good as well and while I never had one I hear their hamburger could hold it's own.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, you inspired us and we did a Mother's Day run to Joe's tonight. Had one of the steamed pots with lobster and crab. It was pretty good. Have to go back again sometime soon. Nice thing was that it wasn't very crowded, which is a nice change. The stuffed mushrooms were as good as usual, but the lobster tails were a bit overdone. The claws were good to go, tho. Next time I'll go with crab and shrimp and skip the lobster.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    I've been to Joe's Crab Shack 3 or 4 times. Each time I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and each time I and the people in my company have left disapointed with both the quality of the food and the atmosphere.

I've found Joe's to be over rated and over priced and won't be back again.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, you inspired us and we did a Mother's Day run to Joe's tonight. Had one of the steamed pots with lobster and crab. It was pretty good. Have to go back again sometime soon. Nice thing was that it wasn't very crowded, which is a nice change. The stuffed mushrooms were as good as usual, but the lobster tails were a bit overdone. The claws were good to go, tho. Next time I'll go with crab and shrimp and skip the lobster.

We got there just after noon and there were only 6-8 tables full. I was pretty surprised how empty it was.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I've never been but those commercials make the food look amazing. I think the closest one to me is in chicago :(. Ill eat the hell out of bubba gumps though

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I went back in March to the one around Keystone Mall. It was the first time I have ever been to Joes.

I will not be back. I wasn't impressed, and it didn't agree with me. I'll stick with Red Lobster.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I've been to Joe's Crab Shack 3 or 4 times. Each time I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and each time I and the people in my company have left disapointed with both the quality of the food and the atmosphere.

I've found Joe's to be over rated and over priced and won't be back again.

Once was enough for me-poor service-mediocre food-loud music-I'll just stick with Red Lobster,thanks.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Do they have the whole fried soft shell crabs back?

They took them off the menu and I haven't been back since.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Haven't been there in a long time. Didn't one along 70 close?

Yes it did. It looked like it was a difficult location to get to. I'm sure the patrons at the economical hotels located near by didn't help.

Joe's can be pretty good. But I swear they pump seafood smell into the rooms. Kind of feel like the blind man who started talking after walking into the fish market. :): Afraid to go home if I go without the wife.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Am I to understand that there are only three JCS stores in Indiana, East Str. @ Southport Rd. & Dean Str. @ 82nd for those in Indy, and Merrillville for those in NWI? I see there's also one just across the bridge in L'ville and one in downtown Cincy for those in extreme southern Indiana, but apparently there's no love for the West Central. :(

There is this place in Terre Haute called "Crabby Joe's", but I have this basic aversion to coat-tail riders.

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Not impressed at all with joes crab shack...be good to fing a good seafood place...especially fishers area...moved here in 96 and has nothingto do with being near coast...for quality..

Whoever opens a. Fried fishand whatever takeout near fishers..noblesville will make a kiling..

Top Bottom