• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I seen previews for this today and thought it looks interesting. I'm not big on going to the movies but I may have to make a exception for this one. Anyone else have any thoughts about this movie?

aronhubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    A comic book fan buddy of mine went to see the previews. He has read the Princess of Mars, and was disappointed. He said he might not have been if he was ignorant of the source.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Looks interesting, but I'm worried that it's going to be the next Avatar. 3 hours of CGI eye candy, with a predictable and tired plot.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    3 hours of CGI eye candy, with a predictable and tired plot.

So, like, pretty much every movie of the last decade? I guess as long as it has plenty of 'splosions then people will happily fork over their money to see it. *sigh*

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yup. God only knows why they removed the critical "of Mars" from the title.

Perhaps the plot line isn't about Mars, but instead involves a group religious zealots who seize an embassy, taking everyone inside hostage, and then continue to act with impunity until a better leader comes along, replaces Carter, and resolves the issue (temporarily).

Oh, wait. That was Jimmy, not John. Sorry!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Yeah, I too was a fan of the Mars series. Thuvia, Maid of Mars/The Chessmen of Mars/The Princess of Mars/etc/etc. Think I read every one of them that our town library offered. It was fun stuff to read when I was a kid.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Yeah, I too was a fan of the Mars series. Thuvia, Maid of Mars/The Chessmen of Mars/The Princess of Mars/etc/etc. Think I read every one of them that our town library offered. It was fun stuff to read when I was a kid.

Agree totally! I read all of Burroughs novels when I was in high school. Am looking forward to see how it holds up.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Saw a story in Newsweek that was pretty critical, think I'll go to "Act Of Valor" instead.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I was a big fan of the Barsoomian novels myself, read them all, might have actually owned them all too. My wife has agreed to go with me, as long as I don't yell at the screen when it strays too far from the book. I suspect I may have bit off more then I can chew.

Top Bottom