• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    :rockwoot:Well we had our sign-ups yesterday at the fairgrounds even though it was as cold as it was. The turn-out was totally unbelieveable and well beyond our expectations as we signed up 80 youth members. We know that there are still at least 20 to 30 other youth that are signing up but could not make yesterdays meeting. This is awesome if you think that in 2000 when Delford and I started this program we had 9 members.
    The club is starting to get a reputation of highly motivated Instructors and adults that enjoy working with the youth and a club that is totally hands on.
    I want everyone here to remember that these youth members are out tomorrows leaders and the future of our shooting heritage in this country.
    If you get the oppurtunity please donate a little to your counties shooting sports club and become involved in the Friends of NRA program in your area. Without these Friends of NRA banquets we could not continue this program.:yesway:

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    glad to hear you got so many kids. here in shelby county we are on our 3rd class of the season,and everything is going great. I don't know our total number, but I have 16 in rifle, and 6 in pistol. shotgun and muzzle loader go at the same time, so i don't know how many are shooting in those disciplines. archery was supposed to start this weekend, but it was too windy to fling sticks.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    With using the Presnell Plantation facility we are able to run all of our disciplines at the same time. So far this has worked out pretty good as it lets the youth get a chance at all of our disciplines the same day! Now with this many members we may need to tweek this a little in order to give the kids plenty of time on the firing line and not sitting around and waiting!
    It really has amazed me the interest this club has generated since we began especially with the female members that have joined. In 2000 when they approved our club there were 4H councilmen betting that we would never make a go of it and would fall apart the first year, now we are one of the largest groups they have. And we are the only non-animal club with its own building on the fairgrounds.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    This is wonderful. There are far too programs for youth to learn the sport of shooting. Great work you are doing for the future of the Sport and the 2A.

Top Bottom