• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Went to Ranger Supply this morning and fell in love.....with a Rock Island Armory matte nickle finish full size 1911. I have lots of plastic pistols and figured it is time for a 1911 so I can knock down the steel with authority! Any suggestions on some nice black grips for this?
    photo-2.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Firstly, "Sweet!!"
    I do believe that particular piece has my grubby finger prints on it!! :D

Secondly, go to wickedgrips.com and click on the Gallery to look at the slammin' 1911 grips!
    I like the Reaper holding "the dead man's hand"
    (except they forgot the fifth card...the queen kicker);

lrg-160-deadmanshand1.jpg

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Sweet gun. You'll love it! I'm on rock island number 3 right now! I started with a compact.....wasn't for me....then a full size... Loved it, but I had to sell it to buy a bath tub....bought another IMMACULATE full size (blue finish) from another INGO member....I'm not letting go of this one!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Welcome. You have just started a habit as bad as any drug. 1911 ownership. Luck too you.
    I always think (after every purchase) that I am good now. No more guns or parts needed.
    Yeah right.
    More parts out there than you can imagine. Enjoy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Congratulations! Out of curiosity, what was it about this one that made you "pull the trigger"? (I ask because I don't know much about Rock Islands).

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Went to Ranger Supply this morning and fell in love.....with a Rock Island Armory matte nickle finish full size 1911. I have lots of plastic pistols and figured it is time for a 1911 so I can knock down the steel with authority! Any suggestions on some nice black grips for this?
    photo-2.jpg

nice!!!!!

hogue (not mine)
    DSC09331_DLCsRIA1911TacticalwithHog.jpg

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Congrats on the new 1911.

I know you are gonna like it. That is how it begins, you buy one then another, then another. Before you know it you have a shelf full and can't part with any of them. Next time we are at the range, I'll let you try my DW bobtail. That should seal the addiction for you. Great purchase, Russ always does it right.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Very nice. I have a stainless framed Colt with ebony grips. They also have them checkered, though I prefer the smooth. Looks great and are actually usable. It came to me with buffalo horn grips, which looked great, but were really soft - not suitable for daily carry. Also, you can check out The Finer Grain. Sarge makes some extremely pretty grips.

Top Bottom