• Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Found this link the other day:
    Program Grants List: Gun Violence: Programs: The Joyce Foundation

Not a secret by any means, but anti-gun organizations don't exactly want to make this information widely known.

These jerks get quoted in the drive-by media all the time as if they were some sort of authority or had a valid perspective to offer. Pretty massive failure of journalistic integrity across the board on this one.

The Joyce Foundation is responsible for providing operating funds for nearly every 'major' anti-gun group in the country. There are TEN PAGES of 6-figure donations listed here for 2003-2010.

For example:
    The Violence Policy Center (formerly Handgun Control, Inc.) received $500,000 from the Joyce Foundation in 2010.
    $585,000 in 2009
    $700,000 in 2008
    $700,000 in 2007
    $700,000 in 2006
    $450,000 in 2005
    You get the idea...
    VPC receives approximately 100% of their operating funds from the Joyce Foundation. They are some of the 'go-to' guys for the drive-by media to get anti-gun quotes for their editorials and pseudo news.

The Joyce Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization. :xmad:
    Here's a short article someone wrote up after examining their tax returns:
    Does Violence Policy Center represent the People? (Part 2)

This list also includes donations made to universities in order to conduct studies 'assessing' the danger of guns in our culture. Really, if those universities produced results that didn't jive with what the board of the Joyce Foundation already believes, how many of them would get additional research funding?
    ta daa! They produce biased and dishonest research... just like global warming only less science! :rolleyes:

The truth is that if it weren't for this foundation, there would be no organized opposition to 2A causes.
    These groups don't raise enough money to cover the cost of office supplies, let alone salaries, rent, advertisements, etc. They can't get people to donate enough money to organize anything on their own. There wouldn't be rallies, press releases, 'scientific studies', advertisements, and probably even some blogs without these generous contributions.

The most comical part of the whole thing is that these groups claim to be the 'counterpoint' or 'common-sense opposition' to groups like the NRA, SAF, and GOA. Simply not true. Those three 2A groups have more than 5 million members combined.

A lot of Anti-gun groups are not 'grassroots organizations'. They do not have real members. They are essentially employees of the Joyce Foundation.

They want us to think they represent some imaginary majority.
    Funny.

Thought someone might think this was interesting.

Edit: if you want to get extra mad, Google 'Obama and Joyce Foundation'
    (he spent 7 years on their board of directors, apparently)

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The foundation is just a big pile of cash with an opinion. Money talks, the bigger it is the louder it talks.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Wonder what it takes to get some donations. I'd start my own Violence Policy Center if they paid me. They might not like my tactics. Like "Free Hi Points for da Hood". I've thought about handing out guns to my neighbors...once I get enough guns for myself that is. With a grant I could get everyone a pistol, and some basic trainning. They would have to procure thier own LTCHs, and my VPC would require a criminal history report. 1 pistol per household and 2 boxes of ammo. Little old ladys would even get night sights included.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    For many years, a shadowy relationship has existed between Joyce and Soros' badly misnamed Open Society Institute.

You mean Soros is funding this crap? Wow I'm shocked!

I wish there was a government, any government that would throw him in prison for manipulating currencies and collaborating with the Nazis.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Found an old article about Obama/Joyce on foxnews.com

The Joyce Foundation was founded in 1948, based on the fortune of a Chicago timber heiress, and focuses on community and public policy issues. In 2006, the most recent year when financial statements are publicly reported, it had nearly $1 billion in assets.

So, it seems that the Joyce Foundation makes it's own money at this point. That $1 Billion must be invested and has to generate a sizeable chunk of change each year.

Top Bottom