Judge lets Mexico have voice in lawsuit challenging Arizona immigration enforcement l

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Yay for lunatic judges. It's constitutionally sound for another Nation to judge OUR LAWS, our States.

SCREW MEXICO :rockwoot:

PHOENIX — Mexico gets to have a say in one of the lawsuits challenging Arizona's immigration enforcement law.

A federal judge on Thursday granted Mexico's request to be allowed to file a legal brief supporting the challenge. That means the judge will consider the brief Mexico submitted previously.

Mexico says it wants to defend its citizens' rights and that the law would lead to racial profiling and hinder trade and tourism. It also says the law would hinder work against drug trafficking and related violence.

The law's provisions include a requirement that police enforcing another law ask people about their immigration status if there's a "reasonable suspicion" they're in the country illegally.

The law takes effect July 29 unless blocked by a court.

The Canadian Press: Judge lets Mexico have voice in lawsuit challenging Arizona immigration enforcement law

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is outrageous! But not unexpected. This is the kind of crap I expect from the world now. No other nation should have a say about our laws. This is as ridiculous as what I have read about the Obama administration wanting to sue AZ. Just another step towards a one government world, the new order.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Considering our continual violations of NAFTA, maybe this is just a way to get all of that into the record.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I did a couple of searches for more information on this story and the only link I found on every search was for the Canadian Press. I wonder if the liberally dominated media will even report this. If true it would not surprise me if it gets no mention in the US media.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    "Mexico says it wants to defend its citizens' rights"

I was unaware the Mexican government allowed its citizens to have rights there so why would they care if they have rights here?

O and screw Mexico

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Like it or not the Mexican government has standing in the case. Not every Mexican that comes here is an illegal. Many are visitors or workers engaged in legitimate enterprise and they'll be affected by this law, hence Mexico's wish to be a part of the case. They're just looking out for their citizens interests.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How will legal immigrants be affected by this law?

American Citizen Faced Deportation | NBC Chicago

In a nutshell a puerto rican born male was arrested for car theft.
    The police wanted to know if he was "legal" since he looked "mexican".
    Guy showed his IL driver's license which the PD did not believe to be true so he was turned over to ICE.
    Mom of guy shows his birth certificate and still ICE does not believe him to be a US citizen and wants to deport him to Mexico when he was born in Puerto Rico!

While this has not occured in AZ it shows the slippery slope that the law is causing. Basically anyone that looks "mexican" (right now) will be questioned when any type of "in trouble with the law" occurs. Sure your state ID is suppose to clear your legal status but as the case above shows even with a state ID and B/C that was nor enough.

Putting the illegal/legal thing aside what this law does is beings the put the mindset that brown = illegal period. I'm sure in a few more years once brown = illlegal it can then be expanded to say "black = illegal", "red = illegal" etc....

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    American Citizen Faced Deportation | NBC Chicago

In a nutshell a puerto rican born male was arrested for car theft.
    The police wanted to know if he was "legal" since he looked "mexican".
    Guy showed his IL driver's license which the PD did not believe to be true so he was turned over to ICE.
    Mom of guy shows his birth certificate and still ICE does not believe him to be a US citizen and wants to deport him to Mexico when he was born in Puerto Rico!

While this has not occured in AZ it shows the slippery slope that the law is causing. Basically anyone that looks "mexican" (right now) will be questioned when any type of "in trouble with the law" occurs. Sure your state ID is suppose to clear your legal status but as the case above shows even with a state ID and B/C that was nor enough.

Putting the illegal/legal thing aside what this law does is beings the put the mindset that brown = illegal period. I'm sure in a few more years once brown = illlegal it can then be expanded to say "black = illegal", "red = illegal" etc....

How does the law put the mindset brown = illegal period? Doesn't the law put the mindset illegal = illegal? Instead of the current mindset illegal = free pass.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Mexico is just working the communist system/supporters of America.

They have zero say in American affairs, mind you I believe America shouldnt meddle with other peoples affairs either.

I wonder what America would do if I renounce my citizenship, and create my own little Nation within the bounderies..

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Mexico is just working the communist system/supporters of America.

They have zero say in American affairs, mind you I believe America shouldnt meddle with other peoples affairs either.

I wonder what America would do if I renounce my citizenship, and create my own little Nation within the bounderies..

Ask the people at Waco what the government would do if you thought of yourself as your own little nation...nevermind, they murdered almost all of them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How does the law put the mindset brown = illegal period? Doesn't the law put the mindset illegal = illegal? Instead of the current mindset illegal = free pass.

Did you read the article I linked? The guy they arrested was puerto rican and brown and even though he should his IL driver's license and Birth Certificate INS still DID NOT believe he was legal. What other proof can that guy show to show that he is LEGAL. Heck he was born legal since he was from PR!!

NPR news has a segment today on this topic. Saying how back when we had slavery freed black people (ie those that lived in the north) had to carry their paper's to show they were freed black people. Again the issue of how do we know you are "free" black american's was an issue.

Sure you can show your IDs and paperwork but if the "authority" still don't believe it because of the color of your skin then what?

What other proof can you give them? The answer is NONE!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Did you read the article I linked? The guy they arrested was puerto rican and brown and even though he should his IL driver's license and Birth Certificate INS still DID NOT believe he was legal. What other proof can that guy show to show that he is LEGAL. Heck he was born legal since he was from PR!!

NPR news has a segment today on this topic. Saying how back when we had slavery freed black people (ie those that lived in the north) had to carry their paper's to show they were freed black people. Again the issue of how do we know you are "free" black american's was an issue.

Sure you can show your IDs and paperwork but if the "authority" still don't believe it because of the color of your skin then what?

What other proof can you give them? The answer is NONE!

I understand your point. And I'm aware I don't always express myself clearly. But I stand behind the statement I made in previous post you reference.

I also know that here in Indianapolis alone the DMV that was in speedway was in hot water for handing out DL to illegals like it was candy at Christmas. I'm pretty sure there are tons of illegals running around with bad paper. So I'm betting those that have to deal with this problem that was caused by our corrupt government in the first place not enforcing the law are going to have one hell of a time figuring this whole mess out.

Yes it does stink. I don't believe in racial profiling. But I do believe something needs to be done. Now that its completely out of control any measure of enforcement is going to look bad and be painful. I'm also sure that mistakes like this one are going to continue. So what is the answer? Just let the problem get even worse for fear of infringement on a few?

I don't like any of this. I don't like the steps that AZ took that they felt were necessary. But I'm proud of them for doing something to counter the corruption of our federal government. And I didn't see anything better to counter the invasion. It should have never gotten to this point. And that is not to say it isn't going to get even worse.

I'm not against legal immigration I'm not even against some kind of reform in favor of the Mexicans that want to come here legally and contribute to our society instead of suck off the tax tit. I'm in favor of that AFTER the current onslaught of illegals is repelled.

I don't care if we all have to walk around with certified birth certificates and show papers constantly. I'm tired of the illegal invasion sponsored by our corrupt government and the greed of those that Lord over us. If inconvenience will help repel the invaders then I say, so be it.

It sickens me that American citizens have to be inconvenienced in order to correct the corruption of our own government.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    While I agree this is crap, there is something to be said about the ability of affected parties to be allowed to file amicus briefs.

And the judge can always completely ignore the briefs as well. Kinda like when we want a new gun, and our S.O. says, "maybe we should save money instead". We listen, consider, and summarily ignore her

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If Mexico gets to file a brief on behalf of our immigration policies, that should open the door for Arizona to address Mexico's immigration policies, and how they treat illegal immigrants. That will surely help cast a very favorable light on Arizona's rules.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

It does not. That claim is just another lie used by the left to support their claims that anyone who does not support illegal immigration is a racist.

Top Bottom