• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    Anyone going to the Tipton gun show PLEASE be aware that US 31 is the new cash register for Carmel. From 119 to 146 street I saw SEVEN people pulled over getting tickets. Looks like mayor Brainless found way to pay Carmel's money problems.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I got a ticket going through there this past weekend. Luckily the officer cut me some slack and saved me about $500.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Anyone going to the Tipton gun show PLEASE be aware that US 31 is the new cash register for Carmel. From 119 to 146 street I saw SEVEN people pulled over getting tickets. Looks like mayor Brainless found way to pay Carmel's money problems.

At the Carmel PD, we don't want to make money, folks - we just looove to write tickets.

MrHank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Westfield, IN
    But you can go as fast as you want north of 146th, because the Westfield police don't care.

I wouldn't count on that, I see people pulled over all the time from 146th north on 31. There's is always one setting just south of Tom Roush Mazda.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    But you can go as fast as you want north of 146th, because the Westfield police don't care.

Wasn't that supposed to be in purple? My car with a Howard county plate got to meet several fine Westfield officers when I lived in Kokomo.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Pretty easy - avoid Carmel. For any and every reason. Don't drive through there, don't stop there, don't :spend: your hard-earned dollars there, not even for gasoline. Just avoid it like it's plagued, since it is.

There's nothing in Carmel anyone needs. That should keep the Carmel 'City Fathers' happy then... :scratch:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Pretty easy - avoid Carmel. For any and every reason. Don't drive through there, don't stop there, don't :spend: your hard-earned dollars there, not even for gasoline. Just avoid it like it's plagued, since it is.

There's nothing in Carmel anyone needs. That should keep the Carmel 'City Fathers' happy then... :scratch:

That sound like the way I treat the whole state of Illinois except I try to use the rest stops and flush the toilets a dozen times just to cost them a little extra on their water bill.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I wouldn't count on that, I see people pulled over all the time from 146th north on 31. There's is always one setting just south of Tom Roush Mazda.

I'll just 2nd that! The stretch from 146th to SR38 has been marked at 40 mph since this project started and Westfield police are almost always out there writing tickets. MOst of that stretch is completed yet it's still posted at 40. That's a speed trap by my definition.

But it sure does look like Carmel is wanting to get in on this action as well.

The thing that really pisses me off is that if you go 40, you're risking your life. I drove that stretch the other day at 40 and people were passing me on the right-hand shoulder!

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

Wasn't that supposed to be in purple? My car with a Howard county plate got to meet several fine Westfield officers when I lived in Kokomo.

I don't believe in using purple. Some people got the sarcasm, and some clearly didn't.

On a per-capita basis, I'll bet that Westfield earns more from speeding tickets than Carmel (not that that's anything to be proud of).

Last edited:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

Agreed. I hate Carmel's low taxes, low crime rate, large business tax base, public recreational facilities, walkable downtown, and smooth-flowing roundabouts. And now a shooting range is being built, practically in the middle of town! Who would want to deal with those horrors every day?

TontoKowalski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Made the mistake of going off the main road in Carmel and ended up in a maze of roundabouts in the middle of nowhere. I'm sorry, but they are not London or Washington DC. Enough with the roundabouts.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Made the mistake of going off the main road in Carmel and ended up in a maze of roundabouts in the middle of nowhere. I'm sorry, but they are not London or Washington DC. Enough with the roundabouts.

If you had to live with the traffic signals that they replaced, you would probably feel differently. Unless you like waiting for red lights, that is.

Top Bottom