• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Pardon the ignorance, but what's the tang date? Its stamped 1922 on top. Is that it?

The tang is the "tongue" on the rear of the reciever. Take the barreled action out of the stock and the on the underside there is usually a date stamped for when it was produce, and some times there are multipule dates if the reciever has been recycle to produce a new rifle.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    They have openers for the spam cans of ammo. I bought a wooden crate with two spam cans in it and it came with an opener inside, wrapped in oiled paper. It was black and about 10 " long. It made the job simple. I gave it to the guy I sold the rfle to. Surely there must be a bunch of them floating around.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Usually if you buy the crate with two cans you'll get the opener. However I only bought one can and te endor I got it from had no openers. Tin snips really do a decent job, but just be careful you don't cut yOurself.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If you buy the crates of Polish ammo, which I've grown fond of, it comes in galvanized steel cans, which have a separate tab welded on. you can peel them open with pliers.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Newbie question:

I took it out and ran 70 rounds through it last weekend and I figured out that at 50 yards it was shooting 4-5" high and 4-5" left. As I understand, the shooting high is to be expected at 50 yards because they are designed to be a longer range rifle. To adjust the left to right, do I simply tap the front sight to the left? (left as seen from the rear of the gun). Is it that simple or am I missing something?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Very nice rifle hamster! As far as the cleaning, yes, Windex will work as its about 98% water. It's best to clean as soon as you're done shooting as the barrel steel is warm and that helps get the crud out of the pores of the metal. And, yes you are correct on adjusting your front sight.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Well, much thanks to lovemywoods and Esrice, I got a chance tonring some steel today at 211 yards with the handy iron sights. I only hit 5/20 shots but it's a start. :D. If I can get that number to 50% or higher I would be exceptionally happy.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    The tang is the "tongue" on the rear of the reciever. Take the barreled action out of the stock and the on the underside there is usually a date stamped for when it was produce, and some times there are multipule dates if the reciever has been recycle to produce a new rifle.

5 and a half years later I finally checked this. :) it only has one date stamped and it is 1922. It matches the receiver.

Given the current situation on these guys, what is it exactly that I have here? How much is it worth in the current market? The bayonet is stamped to match the other pieces. The magazine is force matched, everything else appears to be numbers matching.

Top Bottom