• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I realize she is not the first person to give this advice, but ya I pretty much agree 100%. Since I resumed the armed lifestyle about 15 years ago I have definitely looked to remove myself from more situations than I previously would have.

After action discussion at force on force classes were quite an eye opener for me. Even though I was pretty stubborn about it. :ugh:

:)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You see it on a lot of those youtube videos. People feel like they need to pull their pistol and wave it around at people, because they have it.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I've had the 'clearing the house' experience. Wife and I were out doing whatever. We got home late and the walk-through garage door was open. When I pulled in the garage, the door into the house was open, also. I backed out to the end of the driveway and called the local constabulary. My wife said, "You've got a gun. Why not do it yourself?" 1.) I have no experience clearing a house by myself. 2.) If someone is in there, I don't want to shoot them, I just want them to leave. 3.) If someone is in there, I don't want to get shot. 4.) I pay a boat-load of taxes to support the local constabulary. Let them do their job(s). Nope! I'm not going in there.

Turns out we must have left in hurry, failing to secure the doors. Nobody there. Nothing missing. No problems. Thank God for all of the above.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    NOBODY ever knows I have a gun on me. Been practicing this for years.

giphy.gif

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I spend a lot of time in Seattle due to family. And while I can and do carry a firearm there I also carry Pepper Speay and a flashlight.

Seattle is a perfect example of a place ripe with not quite lethal force justified threats but they are still threats. Aggressive panhandling getting in your face some try to spit. Mental folks or people permanently fried wiring from drug abuse. I have seen it all and in the downtown area. People know and will step off the sidewalk when you see them for that whole space and distance thing.

It really is a combination of Walking Dead and the Omega man.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I spend a lot of time in Seattle due to family. And while I can and do carry a firearm there I also carry Pepper Speay and a flashlight.

Seattle is a perfect example of a place ripe with not quite lethal force justified threats but they are still threats. Aggressive panhandling getting in your face some try to spit. Mental folks or people permanently fried wiring from drug abuse. I have seen it all and in the downtown area. People know and will step off the sidewalk when you see them for that whole space and distance thing.

It really is a combination of Walking Dead and the Omega man.
    While not a fan of pepper spray, I think you are spot on with having an edc light. So versatile yet very effective for a variety of applications from yeah exactly what are you doing there? Did you need help with something? Or did you drop something? To yeah 2100 lumens in your face very effective at deterring someone not to mention avoiding it can resolve a situation with out escalation.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    While not a fan of pepper spray, I think you are spot on with having an edc light. So versatile yet very effective for a variety of applications from yeah exactly what are you doing there? Did you need help with something? Or did you drop something? To yeah 2100 lumens in your face very effective at deterring someone not to mention avoiding it can resolve a situation with out escalation.
    Options are good my point was a lot of folks just think and carry with a gun and 90% of criminal interactions probably don’t warrant pulling inh a trigger let alone muzzle sweeping them.

The issue with lights is they are generally only really really effective If your only contact is at night. These folks are staggering around in the middle of the day where other than an impact weapon an EDC light wouldn’t be of use unless indoors

And half of them are mental cases either natural or they fried their brains with drugs over the years.

I have sprayed hundreds of folks with OC inside the Federal Pen and it works.

Another interesting thing I saw when I worked Municipal LE. I would have suspects run or try and fight while at gunpoint but they see OC or a taser pointed at them (or a flashlight at night) they didn’t want that.l and complied more than with a firearm.

A gun alone won’t ward off evil spirits!

Top Bottom