• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    where does the potion of the carbine tube with the detent recesses fit?

Edit: nevermind, I figured it out. Thx

I honestly don't know how it works... never owned one, I just heard about them on AR15.com when someone was wanting to run an A2 stock on their bushmaster carbine from a while ago. I'm guessing since the detent is in the lower itself you just use it... but who knows anymore.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI, Is the stock the same? The a2 stock is longer and has a different contour than the a1.

Uhhh, I dunno. It looks like an M-16 stock, and I don't know enough about the differences to say for sure...but it sure looks like the one I had in the Army. Also it has a brass deflector. Again, not a big AR guy, but isn't that a sign of an A2 upper? Still has the real slow twist rate barrel, though. Like I said, its been refurbed with A2 parts.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I honestly don't know how it works... never owned one, I just heard about them on AR15.com when someone was wanting to run an A2 stock on their bushmaster carbine from a while ago. I'm guessing since the detent is in the lower itself you just use it... but who knows anymore.

No, I meant the telestock detects which are in the part that sticks out from a carbine tube. The more I think about it, the more I can't see how it would possibly work. The contour of an a2 tube/stock cutout is round and nothing like the more keyhole carbine.

This:

https://www.google.com/search?q=a2+...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

vs.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Mils...fer-Tube-p/bcm milspec receiver extension.htm

I don't have an a2 laying around at present, but I'm not seeing how a carbine tube can fit into an a2 stock as the profile of the tube is totally different.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Uhhh, I dunno. It looks like an M-16 stock, and I don't know enough about the differences to say for sure...but it sure looks like the one I had in the Army. Also it has a brass deflector. Again, not a big AR guy, but isn't that a sign of an A2 upper? Still has the real slow twist rate barrel, though. Like I said, its been refurbed with A2 parts.

The A1 has the windage only for the rear sight adjustment. The A2 has windage and elevation on the rear sight. The AR in the photo has the fully adjustable rear sight.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Another example of "just because you have the right tools"

doesn't mean you can solder copper pipe either! ..... OUCH
    DSC09739_zps00e1881b.jpg

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Lots of fail in that pic, probably the ugliest AR I have ever seen. Lets just thank God that his booger hooker isn't on the bang switch.

BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    Lots of fail in that pic, probably the ugliest AR I have ever seen. Lets just thank God that his booger hooker isn't on the bang switch.

You guys seem to forget that MOST cops are not "gun" people. They treat them the same way a carpenter treats his hammer. As long as it goes bang, that's all they care about. Sure, we all know that using the red dot on a non-FF HG is not an ideal situation, but for the rifles intended purpose, it only has to be "minute-of-man" at 10 yards or so...

I mean it's funny to us, but no one outside of our clique would even notice stuff like that.

The REAL issue is the supposed need to have line officers with FA/military equipment. The über-militarization of our police departments is the real issue here.

And lets be clear, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be special teams that have the training to utilize and project that extreme force, however it seems that the powers that be would like to see every officer with full auto and full on assault gear...

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I get the part about police having to go up against better armed criminals today, and all of that. But I can't help but feel that a lot of police departments are using all of this as an excuse to become more militarized. We're seeing it everywhere, along with far too many of these "no knock warrants" being issued by cops getting there in the middle of the night in Max Pro vehicles. Power is the most addictive narcotic that exists. A lot of these departments need to be reeled in. It's getting way out of hand.

Top Bottom