• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have been impressed by how nicely Glocks shoot and it must be because the polymer absorbs some of the shock.

Now, has anyone ever just shot a Glock without ever cleaning it? I do know of one cop that never cleaned his weapon.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    I just purchased a Glock 26 and put 100 rounds through it today. My wife carries a 26. I have fired hers a few time and fell in love and had to have my own. Great feel no problems. So easy to take down and clean. Will Own nothing else at this point.

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Congrats! I own a 26, 19 & 17. Carry the 26, keep the 19 in the house, and use the 17 for competition. Great weapon, easy to work on and from the 1000's of rounds I've shot... very reliable.:)

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I belive the Gen. 3 has the rail , under the barrel.
    Thanks everyone, I did look on you tube & see how to field strip the glock.
    Looks easy.....

tmattern

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Glock owner

Congrats on your new glock. I have carried a glock 23 3rd gen for years and would never doubt that it would work flawlessly if i needed it. They are very accurate and dependable, mine has over 1000 rounds through it without a jam!! Good luck and good shooting!!

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Great gun. Owned my Gen 3 G21 since 2005. Does not like/feed LSW bullets. Eventually the trigger spring will break, but replacement is cheap and easy.

Last edited:

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    I have been impressed by how nicely Glocks shoot and it must be because the polymer absorbs some of the shock.

Now, has anyone ever just shot a Glock without ever cleaning it? I do know of one cop that never cleaned his weapon.

The two LEO trade in's I picked up looked liked they never saw a brush, so I clean them up and they worked flawlessly. Probably would've still shot fine without the cleaning, but I just can't stand a dirty gun. Not knowing how many rounds have gone through them, I went ahead and replaced some springs.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    some good you tube videos out there on how to lubricate. You don't need much, just a couple drops in the right spots.
    Mine gets cleaned once a year whether it needs it or not.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

I had a friend of mine that was torture testing his Glock 19, and had 10,000 rounds through it, and got done at the range, breaking apart the weapons to clean the others, and we got that one too, oops. Great pistols though.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Welcome to the club! Get a blackhawk holster... lapolicegear.com $24.99!

Bad advice here. Stay away from the SERPA holster line and purchase a quality kydex or hybrid holster without any buttons that you have to operate.

If you want one with retention, look at the safariland brand.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Welcome to the club! Get a blackhawk holster... lapolicegear.com $24.99!

Bad advice here. Stay away from the SERPA holster line and purchase a quality kydex or hybrid holster without any buttons that you have to operate.

If you want one with retention, look at the safariland brand.
    I wouldn't say bad advice. That "button" is directly in line with where your trigger finger belongs when you unholster. Not saying it's my preference, but they are not bad. Still prefer my Galco King Tuk.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I wouldn't say bad advice. That "button" is directly in line with where your trigger finger belongs when you unholster. Not saying it's my preference, but they are not bad. Still prefer my Galco King Tuk.

Check their ban list. It's a poor design that uses the trigger finger, and the button is just one more moving part to break.

Bad holster, it is very plain to see.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    well, I got my new, used glock 21 out today & shot it for the 1st time.
    I shot 26 rounds through it, with out any problems at all. Feild srripped it & cleaned it.
    Nice gun. Didn't really feel any different than my P series ruger, to me. A little lighter
    & held more rounds, I guess that would be a + for the glock. I like them both !!!

Top Bottom