• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JT21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Richmond
    I must say its a pretty sweet little gun. I carry a m&p compact 40, but now i want a lc9 as a backup!
    brand new
    413420d5-02fd-4d36-b7a4-1977745aaa3f_zps1e8432a2.jpg

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    If she finds it tough to control since there's not a lot of surface to hang onto, I recommend adding a Hogue Handall hybrid grip sleeve. Doesn't add enough bulk to the gun to really notice, but does improve the ability to get a better grip on it, IMHO. As they say, YMMV.

JT21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Richmond
    she likes it, well the looks of it anyway..she hasnt gotten to shoot it yet. she has shot my 40c with no pinky ext without too much problem so im pretty sure this wont be so bad for her.,.ill look into that grip sleeve, the more control, the better

sparks408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    I was thinking about get my wife one also but she didn't want any part of it. I end up getting a hot pink sig mosquito instead cause thats what she wanted. who would of thought id buy a pink gun

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    My wife hated hers. It was too snappy and the slide was too tough to pull back. She decided to go with the Smith & Wesson 442 revolver. She felt that the kick was more controllable on the revolver then the subcompact semiauto.

Armed*Italian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Griffith
    Picked one up for my wife last night. She has not fired it yet, but it has a good weight and fits her hand very well. Plus she loves the color it has a purple frame and black slide.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    she likes it, well the looks of it anyway..she hasnt gotten to shoot it yet. she has shot my 40c with no pinky ext without too much problem so im pretty sure this wont be so bad for her.,.ill look into that grip sleeve, the more control, the better

JT, its not just a grip sleeve, its a hybrid grip made specifically for the LCP. The grip sleeve is a different product. The Hybrid grip actually pins onto the pistol, and gives a bit more purchase on the diminutive grip without making it so bulky that you cant conceal it well. I picked one up for my LCP, and it improved my accuracy instantly with it. The regular grip sleeve is more like a giant rubber band, Im sure it would help, but when I bought my hybrid, the grip sleeve was actually more expensive.

ggag55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Lagrange
    I got one for my wife, however she did not care for the recoil so i took it for my pocket gun and really like it. We ended up getting her a .38 snub and she likes it alot better.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Compared to the LC380, the LCP is a good bit smaller. The LC380 was Rugers answer to those that were uncomfortable with the recoil of the LCP, or LC9, as both of these pistols arent known for their shooting comfort. They answered the call with the LC9 sized pistol, chambered in the less powerful .380, making the recoil more tolerable. The other benefit I would immage the LC380 has, it is probably a bit easier to work the slide on, as the springs wouldnt need to be as stiff, as they would be with a 9mm in a gun on similar size.

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I took my lady friend to shoot some different carry options. We tried a snubby, g26, lc9 and the Taurus variant tcp. To my surprise she loved the tcp! Now if only I can find one for her!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Got my wife the Taurus TCP and she loves it. I like the fact that the slide stays open when empty. I have the LCP with the hogue grip and she like the Taurus better.

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Congrats! If I may offer you three suggestions for her.
    1.) Replace the recoil spring with a Wolff 13lb
    2.) Purchase the Hogue grip kit
    3.) Purchase the Pearce grips extensions for your magazines

These made a world of difference in my own LCP with recoil and overall grip. If she is like my wife and kids they will not like it at first because "out of the box" it feels like it will jump out of your hand when firing it.

Top Bottom