• ...and so much more!
  • MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    Hey INGunOwners,
    I am a new memeber, i just got interested in handguns and i purchased my Conceal permit today :):. i am looking to get a gun to carry daily. i am 19 and not a very big guy so i want something compact but not small in size (40 or 45). i grew up shooting guns and have shot a few differnt handguns. im not looking for anything as a starter gun i want to jump right in and get something to keep for life! if you have a suggestion let me know!

i am also interested in S&W guns and the H&K USP.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I am a new memeber, i just got interested in handguns and i purchased my Conceal permit today :):.

I hope you mean you've applied for the license to carry handgun (LTCH) from the State of Indiana. Indiana has no particular conceal permit. You don't mean the CCW badge you can buy from Amazon for $20???

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    Hey INGunOwners,
    I am a new memeber, i just got interested in handguns and i purchased my Conceal permit today :):. i am looking to get a gun to carry daily. i am 19 and not a very big guy so i want something compact but not small in size (40 or 45). i grew up shooting guns and have shot a few differnt handguns. im not looking for anything as a starter gun i want to jump right in and get something to keep for life! if you have a suggestion let me know!

i am also interested in S&W guns and the H&K USP.

Good luck concealing a .40/.45, if you're not a big guy...

:):

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    First off welcome to INGO! As has been mentioned if you are in Indiana it is not a CONCEALED permit. You can carry concealed or open at your discretion.

You might take a look at the S&W M&P compact .40.
    109003_01_md.jpg

Glock 27

images

Both proven performers in a compact size. Also consider your carry setup as a good holster/belt can make concealing much easier. For OWB carry I suggest Raven Concealment
    PhantomSlick1260-500x500-250x250.jpg

For IWB you might look at Crossbreed Supertuck.
    supertuck.jpg

I use and recommend the above mentioned gear.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Welcome! If you are looking for a .45 to "keep for life" why not make the jump into a 1911? They are easier to conceal than a double stack H&K (unless you get a doublestack 1911) and you can get a nice 1911 for the same price. Plus if you get a good gunbelt (look at the gunbelt comparison in the accessories forum), carrying a stainless 1911 is a breeze. That is all I carry now and I LOVE them! Yes I carry an extra mag, but so what, you can't go wrong with a time tested design! Let the Steel Vs Polymer gun debate start!!

MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    thanks for all the advice and yes i ment the conceal and carry sorry for the confusion and i have looked at glock 27's my brother has one and it is very nice! i would really prefer a single action so the 1911's are high on my list. i was just looking at a S&W 4006 for $450 which i thought was fair. it is a double/single action this is something i like first pull is long and the rest are quick. i like this idea. i want to be able to carry one in the chamber so a safety is a must so that kinda hurts my idea on a glock. thanks for all the help the more the better.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am not a fan of 9mm but if it size issue my sister just bought an Src9 Ruger and I have to say it is a nice, light, accurate and well made piece. The mags do extend a bit for capacity.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    thanks for all the advice and yes i ment the conceal and carry sorry for the confusion and i have looked at glock 27's my brother has one and it is very nice! i would really prefer a single action so the 1911's are high on my list. i was just looking at a S&W 4006 for $450 which i thought was fair. it is a double/single action this is something i like first pull is long and the rest are quick. i like this idea. i want to be able to carry one in the chamber so a safety is a must so that kinda hurts my idea on a glock. thanks for all the help the more the better.

Well not to beat a dead horse, but your trigger finger is your safety. If you are looking at 1911s, are you willing to carry "cocked and locked"? Otherwise if you like the DA/SA, make sure you find something with a decocker. Also, if something like a glock or M&P without the safety makes you nervous, possibly look into more training. I have carried an M&P with one in the chamber for 3 years before going to 1911s. I never had a problem with carrying one in the chamber.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    i ruled it out because if i do need to use it i want to make sure it will knock them down with one hit no matter what size they are.

Plenty of people killed with a .22. Not that I recommend it for defense, but shot placement is far more critical than caliber. a .45 hole in the arm won't do you much good, but a .22 that hits a critical spot can save your life.

MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    Well not to beat a dead horse, but your trigger finger is your safety. If you are looking at 1911s, are you willing to carry "cocked and locked"? Otherwise if you like the DA/SA, make sure you find something with a decocker. Also, if something like a glock or M&P without the safety makes you nervous, possibly look into more training. I have carried an M&P with one in the chamber for 3 years before going to 1911s. I never had a problem with carrying one in the chamber.

thanks. i will carry in the chamber if i have a safty like the HK usp or a 1911. i just like to have a safty, it makes me more comfortable. i am looking at that the S&W 4006 i really like it.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If it is going to be a primary carry weapon, just make sure quality holsters are available for it. You will go through multiple holsters until you find the one for you. It took me 3 IWB to get the one I like and I have 3 OWB holsters I use depending on the situation. The S&W 4006 are great weapons and Smith has excellent customer service.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    I just purchased my first handgun recently, and went the 1911 route (metal > plastic) :D Still waiting on my LTCH in the mail, but I have no apprehensions about carrying it "cocked and locked" once I'm able to. No matter which route you go, the comfort level will increase the more you handle and practice w/ the firearm.

Rob Watson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    If you are looking to buy for life spend the extra money now and jump to a Kimber, SA, or I have also had a lot of luc with FN.

Top Bottom