• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Just picked up a Glock 19c Thanks to Glocktoys. now for all you Glock guys what if any other upgrades should I do to the gun? I am normally a Sig guy but wanted to try a Glock 19 again. I had one when i first started carrying guns 23 years ago. and never really owned one since. so any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

And again Thanks Glocktoys!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    in my 19c i have a grip plug, a extended slide release,extended mag release(i have small hands) and a set of titanium pins,and i've done the glock .25cent trigger job. the next thing i plan on changing is the barell. id like to remove the factory ported bbl and swap it with a non ported bbl, if i can get a lonewolf cheap enough, then thats what ill do, if not ill keep the factory bbl,

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I own many Glocks and the only thing I ever change are the sights. I have old eyes and TruGlo tritium sights work great for me. That Glock will run just fine the way it is, I would not change a thing other than the sights.:twocents:

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    When I first got into firearms I bought a bunch of whizzbang gizmos for my Glock 19, but over time I started taking them off and eventually returned it to factory aside from a set of night sight and a grip plug.

I would suggest before making a purchase to sit and ponder what it is you're actually improving, or if it's just additional "stuff" that won't really help anything.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    this may seem like an odd suggestion - but how about a standard (non-"C" G19 model) barrel. If it's a home defense weapon, the ports could hurt your night vision when you need it most.
    -Talon grips
    -If you like them, the extended slide release, still factory (like the G34)
    I wouldn't add/change a lot on it. I suggest just getting a couple spare/replacement parts -- like a back-up spring (recoil spring assembly), or possibly all springs, the little cups that capture the firing pin spring, etc.
    NOTE: all of these are really optional and don't change the performance of the gun. It just sucks to have a gun out of comission for losing a 2 cent piece like the little plastic cups.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Glock Upgrades:

1) Has anyone mentioned sights. The factory plastic ones are junk.
    2) Belt and Holster
    3) Good quality handheld light
    4) Ammo & Practice

I am not a fan of the extended slide and mag releases. On a competition gun they are fine and I would suggest adding them. Stainless guide rods, reduced power striker springs, - trigger connectors, grip plugs, magwells.......again this stuff is fine for range guns.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I do need a good holster, any suggestions for the glock? I was considering the serpa. this will be a edc gun, so I think I will take everyone's advise and leave it be for now.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I do need a good holster, any suggestions for the glock? I was considering the serpa. this will be a edc gun, so I think I will take everyone's advise and leave it be for now.

IWB consider either a Comp-Tac Mtac or the CrossBreed Supertuck.
    OWB Raven Concealment, Hooch or other reputable custom kydex holster manufacturer.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Glock Upgrades:

1) Has anyone mentioned sights. The factory plastic ones are junk.
    2) Belt and Holster
    3) Good quality handheld light
    4) Ammo & Practice

I am not a fan of the extended slide and mag releases. On a competition gun they are fine and I would suggest adding them. Stainless guide rods, reduced power striker springs, - trigger connectors, grip plugs, magwells.......again this stuff is fine for range guns.

Lots of magazines (Botach is currently running a 10% off and usually has decent prices on Glock mags), a good set of night sights, ammo, good holster (Galco King Tuk for me) and belt (Daltech BioBelt for me). If you have to absolutely have an aftermarket part, check out the Vickers extended mag release.

Top Bottom