• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    Got a new Frankford arsenal tumbler for Christmas and I'm very impressed. The pics are some before and after tumbling of some 9mm brass that was 2 or 3 times fired.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      236.9 KB · Views: 38
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      259.5 KB · Views: 47

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I got a wet-tumbler too and it does get the brass very clean and I will continue to use it for rifle's as the last stage of case prep. However, not really interested in it for pistol brass and running it through the press to be de-capped first. If is on the press it is getting loaded :)

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Got a new Frankford arsenal tumbler for Christmas and I'm very impressed. The pics are some before and after tumbling of some 9mm brass that was 2 or 3 times fired.

I too have a Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler and find it does a spectacular job. I was surprised with the first load I run through it with some very dirty .223 brass. I'm sold on it. I use a RCBS media separator to separate the pins from the brass. To dry I just put the brass in a mesh laundry bag and hang it over the dryer door and close it. Run on medium heat for 40 minutes and it's ready to go.

I got a wet-tumbler too and it does get the brass very clean and I will continue to use it for rifle's as the last stage of case prep. However, not really interested in it for pistol brass and running it through the press to be de-capped first. If is on the press it is getting loaded :)

Decapping is not a requirement that you have to do. So for pistol brass you can just run it through the wet tumble and dry then load as you normally do.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I too have a Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler and find it does a spectacular job. I was surprised with the first load I run through it with some very dirty .223 brass. I'm sold on it. I use a RCBS media separator to separate the pins from the brass. To dry I just put the brass in a mesh laundry bag and hang it over the dryer door and close it. Run on medium heat for 40 minutes and it's ready to go.

Decapping is not a requirement that you have to do. So for pistol brass you can just run it through the wet tumble and dry then load as you normally do.

Is this after your run your stuff through the dryer? The reason I haven't gone to pistol brass yet is because I've read in several places you have issue with wet primer pockets with wet tumbling unless you de-cap first. Ergo the reason I have stuck to corn-cob for pistol brass vs web tumbling.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I started wet tumbling a little over a year ago and really like the results. Sure, it get them much cleaner than they need be, but running my car through the car wash makes me happy by getting my car cleaner than it need be too. I've always air dried my cases after cleaning by laying them out on a bath towel in the sun for a couple of days. What other ways are there for drying them? I tried putting a batch in the oven at a very low temp once and while they dried quicker, they also tarnished too.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I started wet tumbling a little over a year ago and really like the results. Sure, it get them much cleaner than they need be, but running my car through the car wash makes me happy by getting my car cleaner than it need be too. I've always air dried my cases after cleaning by laying them out on a bath towel in the sun for a couple of days. What other ways are there for drying them? I tried putting a batch in the oven at a very low temp once and while they dried quicker, they also tarnished too.

They will tarnish if you put them in too wet. The water makes spots on the brass especially if you have hard water.

After you shake out the water, pour the brass out on to a towel and pat them down real good until the outside of the brass is nearly dry to the touch.
    Then put the brass into the oven and bake them for about 30-45 minutes at 150 deg.
    Don't bake them too hot. Just hot enough to get the primer pockets dry. 150 seems about right.
    They will come out nice and shiny, and dry

Last edited:
    Top Bottom