• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I stopped by a LPS Monday afternoon to see if they had any used G17s, and if they had any 44mag lever action rifles that a coworker is looking to buy. Ended up getting a good deal on a Gen 2 model with Trijicons '04 and 6 Glock mags;

DHH_0451w.jpg

:D

Brought it home and gave it a complete detail strip and cleaning. The mags were in excellent condition and showed very little wear. ;)

Took it to Applied Ballistics after work today. Ran a little over 100 rounds through it, mostly fmj, but some HPs also, with each mag. No problems. :D

All I need to do now, is get a Glock extended slide stop and 3.5# connector, to match what I have on my G21 and G26.

And, install those parts, go back to the range, and shoot it again. :D

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Nice. Still not sure whether I like the 17s in Gen 2 or 3 better. Good find.

Thanks. Agreed, its my first 17. (After all these years) My G21 is no finger grooves, my G26 has a finger groove.

I could have driven to Indy and picked up a new G3 17 for $499 +tax.

But, add on the price of gas, 4 mags, Trijicons.... I saved over $200. :D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Thanks. Agreed, its my first 17. (After all these years) My G21 is no finger grooves, my G26 has a finger groove.

I could have driven to Indy and picked up a new G3 17 for $499 +tax.

But, add on the price of gas, 4 mags, Trijicons.... I saved over $200. :D
    Nice gun. I have 5 Glocks and regularly shoot 3 of them. I've NEVER had any failure of any kind with any of them. My life depends on my 23 or 27 each day.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Nip, I am hopefuly picking one up FTF on Monday, although I carry the .40, I want a G-17 for the range. My problem is finding the non ambi cut mags, SR Jenkins has the LEO Trade In 2nd Gen (and a few 3rd Gen) for $325-$350 range. I prefer the 2nd gen non finger groove grip. You hit the mag jackpot, I know the newer ambi cut mags work, but they stick out a lil bigger and pinch the bottom web of my palm.

Anybody know where I can get some non ambi cut G-17 mags or Leo/Rest marked ones, LMK (bgforres@juno.com)

PS Nipdog, don't forget the extended slide stop for the 2nd Gens G-17 is different (has a tab on it) from the others.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Nice gun. I have 5 Glocks and regularly shoot 3 of them. I've NEVER had any failure of any kind with any of them. My life depends on my 23 or 27 each day.

Thanks.

good find . you will never go wrong with a glock 9mm.

Thanks.

PS Nipdog, don't forget the extended slide stop for the 2nd Gens G-17 is different (has a tab on it) from the others.

Thanks. I caught that when I gave it a detail strip the first night. Thanks for taking the time to mention it, though. :D Inbound rep.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    Love the G17 2nd gens... Thought the g19 would always be my favorite but I like the 2nd gen g17 alot. I've grown to hate the 3rd gen finger grooves and ground them off of my G19 after acquiring my g17 2nd gen.

Another thing I did was have a buddy chop my g17 grip down to make it the size of the g19 grip so now my g19 mags fit flush. It looks stock and feels great. I love the balance and feel of the g17 slide/frame with shortened g19 size grip.

Todd

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Love the G17 2nd gens... Thought the g19 would always be my favorite but I like the 2nd gen g17 alot. I've grown to hate the 3rd gen finger grooves and ground them off of my G19 after acquiring my g17 2nd gen.

Another thing I did was have a buddy chop my g17 grip down to make it the size of the g19 grip so now my g19 mags fit flush. It looks stock and feels great. I love the balance and feel of the g17 slide/frame with shortened g19 size grip.

Todd

Interesting.

I have had a G26 since they came out. A couple years ago, I bought 2 G19 mags and added the A&G extenders.

Update;

I installed a Glock extended slide lock, as well as a LWD 3.5 trigger connector. And, the rubber grip.

Also, picked up 3 G17 17 rd, and one 33 rd mag from a fellow INGO member last night.

i-VHdr4FM-M.jpg

Went to Applied Ballistics today to try out the new updates and new mags.

No problems. :rockwoot:

Now, I need to update the mag quantity to my G26 and G21. ;)

Jetrefz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Cant go wrong with a glock...may not be the prettiesf gun but the y work....this looks like quite a bit of firepower..i like the gen threes better with the finger grooves

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Great Find! I bought a Gen 1 Glock 17 new back in 1988, as my first centerfire autoloader. Yes, I still have some original magazines that don't drop free. 40K rounds later, you would swear that the gun has seen little use. I installed Novak sights and a Hogue Handall grip years ago. Just this year to celebrate Glock's 25th US Anniversary, I installed an extended magazine release, extended slide release, captive recoil spring, trigger and trigger housing. I also own a G19 and G21, 3rd Gen.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Good deal all around for most of us, I picked up the 2nd gen G-17 Police trade in from fellow member last weekend, Got it home, original box, papers, one mag. It was marked MPDC on the slide (Metropolitan Police District of Columbia). It was in the 90% unused condition with faint holster wear to the slide and funny a dab of finish wear on the extractor, night sights while dim were still functioning. Imagine my surprise to disassemble it and see the copper anti seize grease inside the slide. It may have been fired once or twice then carried by some Washington bureaucrat, or maybe the chief of police his/herself who knows it was practicaly unfired. I went to Bradis for a NY-1 trigger spring and to have Shooter put in the extended slide stop at the same time, but had a Mr. Grinch/Glock moment in the parking lot and said, nope you'll get a detail strip, light coat of oil, and in the safe you go your highness. And thats what I did boys and girls, a bit of rust on the extractor retaining pin, blew the dust out of the backstrap, wiped up the excess oil. Locked her up as "Queen of the safe".

Oh well, I wanted a 9mm trunk gun, even bought 5 17 rd LEO marked mags for it on line, since I primarily carry the .40, I needed mags.

I ended up taking my well worn G-19 to Pops friday morning instead.

So after the holidays, I gues I will just drop by Steven R. Jenkins Police Supply, they currently have 2nd and 3rd Gen LEO Trade In G-17 from $315-$350 depending on condition and pick out the beater on the outside, clean on the inside trunk gun I want/don't need.

until then thats what lifes all about, Glocks and shooting, shooting and Glocks, maybe I find one after x-mas from the Island of Misfit Glocks, a G-17 2nd gen nobody wants.........seems plenty of G-22's out there nowadays on the FS boards.

I'll find one......................

Top Bottom