Just graduated from Marian University, starting law school in indy this fall.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I just graduated from Marian University this May, and I'm gonna be starting at the IU McKinney school of law here in Indianapolis this fall, so I figured I'd see if there are any other Marian or McKinney alums on INGO. I'm hoping to go into constitutional law and do appellate work, trying to defend the constitution. Gun rights are obviously very important to me and I'd love to be able to make tangible contributions to them; it'd to be able to do some work for the NRA sometime. Who knows, maybe I'll even be able to help some fellow ingoers out sometime.

So, are there any other Marian alums or IU law grads around there parts?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Good luck on doing anything gun-related in any law school. Con Law classes are probably going to focus on 1st Amendment, or gender/sexuality issues.

Most of your classmates will either be focused on $$$$, or the political ones will be lefties. Same for the faculty.

Unless you place in the top 5% of your class, you will be invisible after the first semester (and you'll really wonder how the top 5% got there).

By the end of your first year you won't care about grades anymore. By the end of your second year you won't care about law school at all.

Focus on finding a few like-minded classmates, and start working on internships/job placements ASAP.

And enjoy yourself! It'll all be over before you know it.:):

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Good luck and congrats on graduating from Marian. Think of a back up plan in the event the Law School thing doesn't pan out like you had hoped. We have a huge surplus of law school grads in this area, and a lot of them are doing paralegal work for less than 50K for insurance companies and banks....while staring down the barrel of 100K plus loan balances.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Good luck on doing anything gun-related in any law school. Con Law classes are probably going to focus on 1st Amendment, or gender/sexuality issues.

Most of your classmates will either be focused on $$$$, or the political ones will be lefties. Same for the faculty.

Unless you place in the top 5% of your class, you will be invisible after the first semester (and you'll really wonder how the top 5% got there).

By the end of your first year you won't care about grades anymore. By the end of your second year you won't care about law school at all.

Focus on finding a few like-minded classmates, and start working on internships/job placements ASAP.

And enjoy yourself! It'll all be over before you know it.:):

For a second I thought you were talking about pharmacy school. Must be common across all professional schools :laugh:

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    1996 Marian Grad here (it was Marian College back then). OP - best of luck with law school and congrats on graduation.

I was on campus for an alumni event a few weeks back and the campus has changed dramatically even in the 7 or 8 months since my prior visit. Good things happening there for sure.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Good luck on doing anything gun-related in any law school.

*Ahem* I believe a certain INGO member won the NRA's FCRLDF scholarship with a brilliant law review note, at Chicago-Kent of all places! He's witty, tall, a snazzy dresser and a great dancer to boot.

Con Law classes are probably going to focus on 1st Amendment, or gender/sexuality issues.

Sexual harassment. From the first day ('92) I walked in, to Torts, to Civil Procedure to Con Law, it was sex harass, all day, all night.

Thank goodness Bill Clinton destroyed feminism so no one has to go through that drivel again. I am told that when the old feminists start the sex harass yap, "blue dress" or Juanita Broderick gets them to shut the heck up.

Top Bottom