Oaklandon
    From the link in the OP....

PURPOSE:

This legislation will protect New Yorkers by reducing the availability
    of assault weapons and deterring the criminal use of firearms while
    promoting a fair, consistent and efficient method of ensuring that
    sportsmen and other legal gun owners have full enjoyment of the guns
    to which they are entitled.

Protect NewYorkers how? Deterring criminal use how? And still giving the legal owners enjoyment of the guns in which they are entitled?

Well since they have these new laws in place and since they went into effect today I'm sure the streets of NewYork will be safe. Cuz we all know that criminals don't break laws.

Next will be a law limiting how many rounds you can have at one time or how many mags, oops I meant clips, that you can have.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    th

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Wow... if you haven't, you should skim through that NY gun forum link. I hope we never have to have those conversations.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon

From the link....
    (Entire Bill) Toughest gun laws in the country just passed... in NY

The Dick Act of 1902 also known as the Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654, of June 28, 1902 invalidates all so-called gun-control laws. It also divides the militia into three distinct and separate entities. The three classes H.R. 11654 provides for are the organized militia, henceforth known as the National Guard of the State, Territory and District of Columbia, the unorganized militia and the regular army. The militia encompasses every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and 45. All members of the unorganized militia have the absolute personal right and 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms of any type, and as many as they can afford to buy. The Dick Act of 1902 cannot be repealed; to do so would violate bills of attainder and ex post facto laws which would be yet another gross violation of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The President of the United States has zero authority without violating the Constitution to call the National Guard to serve outside of their State borders.

:patriot:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Hilarious that 10 round mags are grandfathered, but can only be loaded with 7 rounds. What is the logic behind the 7 rounds? Anything more than 7 can kill people?

That was the "back door" put in by the NY Republicans...two Mozambique Drills per mag, with an allowance for one miss. ;)

silverbullet4x4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenwood
    I don't know what to say about all of this. I'm not one of the one's saying it couldn't happen but I would of suspected that the people in power couldn't literally be this stupid. No time to waste, the fight has begun, time to write my state legislature for the millionth time. As for our NY brothers and sisters, get out while you still can.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Well, I don't know what we should hope for, with tomorrow, (hell, its today already!) looming.

Will this be the day we look back through history and recognize as the beginning, or the end?

Which would you prefer?

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Well, I don't know what we should hope for, with tomorrow, (hell, its today already!) looming.

Will this be the day we look back through history and recognize as the beginning, or the end?

Which would you prefer?

I thought the end of this sort of tired rhetoric came long ago. The fact that it gained this level of political traction, even in New York, is truly sad.

If the reaction of the American electorate is not swift and fierce at the next election, I may lose faith in representative government completely.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."

Patrick Henry, speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

I just couldn't think of any other way to say it better.

These framers of the Constitution and the Bill of rights understood how a game of chess is played, and the consequences of losing your most powerful weapons in the game. They didn't have their minds polluted with television, and no one told them how to think. A truly wise and brave group of men back in the day, deserving of utmost respect and admiration. I want to puke when I think of today's politician even thinking they hold a candle to the value's and devotion these men believed in and acted upon. These brave men risked their lives and their family's for a belief that we could build a free country. What will we do............................ I don't think a few phone call or letters are too to ask for a tribute to those who gave so much to secure these freedoms in the first place.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    So... do all the police officers have to obey this? Or do they still have glock 9MM's with 17 rounds in them? If so appears all of the police force are now felons should this pass.

Oh... thats right I'm using logic.

Top Bottom