• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Got a Lee LoadMaster .223 kit heading my way. Hope to get it up and running in the spring. As my wife delicately pointed out, I need to get the garage cleaned out first. :D

As far as components go, I have no clue as to what are considered 'good' prices. There's a local shop, for example, selling bags of 500 5.56 brass for $50. Good deal? Bad deal?

I'm finding bullets for 30/100 and small rifle primers for 38-40/1000.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Got a Lee LoadMaster .223 kit heading my way. Hope to get it up and running in the spring. As my wife delicately pointed out, I need to get the garage cleaned out first. :D

As far as components go, I have no clue as to what are considered 'good' prices. There's a local shop, for example, selling bags of 500 5.56 brass for $50. Good deal? Bad deal?

I'm finding bullets for 30/100 and small rifle primers for 38-40/1000.

That's a average price for the brass as I just paid $98 for 1,000 once fired LC but it also came with a free .50 cal ammo can on GunBroker. $30 for 100 bullets is a bit over the top unless their Sierra match or Hornady match grade otherwise I get 1,000 Hornady FMJ bulk from Midsouth Shooters supply for $92. Primers average $35-$40 for Winchester or CCI and much less if you buy Wolf.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I thought you had ordered a new dress and I was going to suggest you post this elsewhere.

Dave A

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Hancock Co.
    Chances are that the once fired Lake City brass will have a crimp on the primer pocket. It is a time consuming extra step to remove the crimp so before you buy brass confirm it does not have a crimp on the primer pocket. There are a few threads in the reloading forum regarding the removal of the crimp and the equipment required to remove it.
    Also http://www.natchezss.com sometimes has good prices on once fired brass

Good luck,
    Dave

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Chances are that the once fired Lake City brass will have a crimp on the primer pocket. It is a time consuming extra step to remove the crimp so before you buy brass confirm it does not have a crimp on the primer pocket. There are a few threads in the reloading forum regarding the removal of the crimp and the equipment required to remove it.
    Also http://www.natchezss.com sometimes has good prices on once fired brass

Good luck,
    Dave

I'll gladly take any US surplus brass you don't want. Quite simple to remove the crimp, it can be done with a pocket knife if that is all you have.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    I'll gladly take any US surplus brass you don't want. Quite simple to remove the crimp, it can be done with a pocket knife if that is all you have.

Agreed. Crimps are easy to remove but not with my pocket knife. Buying with out the crimp is much easier and you don't have to buy any crimp removal tools for it.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    +1 on Profire and the only "crimp removal tool" you need is a counter-sink bit in your handheld drill motor.

Top Bottom