Just picked up a Glock 19 last night but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    it only came with 1 mag. Is it even possible to find mags at reasonable prices for a G19?? I can't find them anywhere! I can find plenty of mags for anything else if I look hard enough, but not for a Glock. :facepalm:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    did you buy it retail? should have come with more if so...

might check, but midwayusa.com had 15 rounders in stock a couple weeks ago. i saw in another thread glock was 1.5 million magazines behind schedule.

my two, but if you see KCI korean mags stay away. dont feed well in my experience.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers

might check, but midwayusa.com had 15 rounders in stock a couple weeks ago. i saw in another thread glock was 1.5 million magazines behind schedule.

my two, but if you see KCI korean mags stay away. dont feed well in my experience.

While I've heard the same about the KCI mags, I have a handful of them and have not had any problems. These however are not mags that I carry but they have worked well in practice.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    While I've heard the same about the KCI mags, I have a handful of them and have not had any problems. These however are not mags that I carry but they have worked well in practice.

depends i guess. my experience is limited admittedly. my glock HATES them but my kel-tec sub2k has a chamfered chamber and will pretty much eat anything. hell, i've even had them just straight out fall out of my glock before.

Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co

Used, FTF sale. He lost one of the mags. Midway is sold out. Thanks for the info though. I've been throwing around the idea of ordering a few of the Korean mags, but the reviews are pretty mixed. I suppose for practice they would be ok, but right now they seem to be going for as much of a gouged price as the genuine Glock mags. If I'm going to pay that much, I'd rather get the good stuff.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Used, FTF sale. He lost one of the mags.

:rofl:

If he is someone you know and trust, I apologize in advance. If not, he sold the mag to someone else to make more money. This crap went on back in 1994. Some gun shops would sell their Glocks with only one mag, and sell the other one for a high price to someone else.

Congrats on your G19, it is a fine pistol. Bookmark midway, and a couple other places, check them often, and a "window of opportunity" will open up. The window on Midway last week was open for a few hours.

You might be able to find some 10rd mags for it to use as range mags.

bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Glocktalk.com has used ones more often than not. Picked up a 13 rounder for my 23 not too long ago for a fair price. It was a gen 4 version to boot.
    You still have few people trying to get crazy prices, but most are realistic.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Congratulations on the G19. Pay attention to this forum, I was able to order a new Glock mag from Midway a couple weeks ago at normal price because I saw it here.

Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    The guy next to me yesterday at the Castleton Gander pulled one off the rack and said he couldn't believe this was still there, then bought it.

I've checked there a few times the past week and can't even find where they should be on the shelf. They have a few in .40 and I think .45 but that was it. "Guy next to you" got lucky I guess.

Top Bottom