• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    And have converted it to the V4, took all of one 3/32 punch and 10 mins. 6 lb trigger after the LEM takeup.

Range report to come, this handgun feels great in my hands. The 3.8 barrel and full size grip is a winner.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Congratulations!

9 or 40? I have two in .40 that are both now V1's. You can also change out the hammer spring and drop another pound without changing the trigger return spring and going V1

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Congratulations!

9 or 40? I have two in .40 that are both now V1's. You can also change out the hammer spring and drop another pound without changing the trigger return spring and going V1

9mm. :yesway: My G19 is shaking in it's boots right now. V2 to V4 was easy, and with snap caps the pull feels really nice. I did, however, order all three springs (hammer is the longer one, correct?) so I can tinker with the trigger pull. I bet V1 is nice as well, but I will probably do the hammer spring next.

I can't wait to shoot this thing. It's just sitting there staring at me. What kind of holster do you run?

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Yes the hammer spring is the long one and also very easy to change. The TRS is the hardest to change.

I use a Comp-Tac Mtac and love it.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Short range report:

P30 LEM v4 (medium LEM)
    4 factory mags
    400 rounds of Winchester ranger 124gr NATO
    0 failures

The trigger is, well, much different than my striker fired pistols. I think maybe 6-6.5lbs on the break is a bit too heavy, but by the end of the day I was hitting triangle shaped coffee filters (why do they sell these if they don't fit in coffee machines?) with regularity at 7 yards, which isn't so great, as it took 400 rounds. I am going to install the hammer spring to lower it to about 5.5lbs.

As far as comfort and function, the pistol was near perfect. I love the grip, I even shot some lefty with the ambi controls, and had no failures of any type all day. It's a soft shooter.

I just need more practice with the trigger. And some different range ammo types, possibly.

I like the pistol. I don't know if I would purchase one without being familiar with the trigger, or at least trying it first, but there's no time to cry now. :ar15:

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Did you figure out the point at which the trigger resets?

If you just let it out just enough to reset without letting it all the way forward you should be able to hit better and faster.

At least thats the way it is with my p2000' , p2000sk and usp c's

chipperej

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Boone County Indiana
    So what is the conversion from V4 to V2 and what does it buy you? I have a P30, 9mm, V3. I love the gun, not sure about the SA/DA action. Do you have to have the LEM to get the improved trigger pull?

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    ^^You cant really convert a P series HK to lem without having issues according to HK. Ive talked to them on the phone about it a few times.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    ^^You cant really convert a P series HK to lem without having issues according to HK. Ive talked to them on the phone about it a few times.

Yes, I read up and down that they don't endorse this. It can be done, but I think any warranty was voided. I was going to do this and remove the safety, but I opted for the LEM straight away to avoid problems. The SA/DA felt pretty damn good as well.

Ultra: not yet, I have not. I just need to slow down at the range, start over, and try to stop glocking (ooh, a verb) the trigger. I think if I can get used to it, it may be the big winner. Work work work! :ar15:

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Yes the hammer spring is the long one and also very easy to change. The TRS is the hardest to change.

I use a Comp-Tac Mtac and love it.

Part #214300 hammer spring per this thread:

what part numbers for v1/ v4 conversion of P30 LEM v2? - Page 3

The v1.5 (?? keeping the faster reset spring and changing the two easy ones) hammer spring is longer than the OEM, yet much more forgiving, it also seems to have way more coil turns. I have no way to measure trigger pull, but it seems very light after installation. I guess I try it and look for light strikes - it bothers me that they aren't the same length, but all I see for the 'Todd G' variant is the part number above.

Was your hammer spring the exact length of the OEM part?

Also, large side panels, med back panel, oh yeah. I'm ready to give this thing hell. :ar15:

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    let the trigger out slowly you will feel the reset. It will make you more accurate, on another note when are you going again? :D

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    They are different lengths. The Todd green special will give the lightest pull with the most positive reset. The V1 is lighter and I have no problem with the reset. A V1 with hammer spring #214300 is even lighter than a V1. When I tried it was under 4lbs and went back to a standard V1.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    They are different lengths. The Todd green special will give the lightest pull with the most positive reset. The V1 is lighter and I have no problem with the reset. A V1 with hammer spring #214300 is even lighter than a V1. When I tried it was under 4lbs and went back to a standard V1.

Yeah, It feels pretty good to me right now. I think i'll put a few hundred through the ToddG trigger setup. We will see on the range. How long did it take you to get used to the trigger?

Also, when I handle my Glocks now my natural wrist position points them very high. I think the P30 has me hooked.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Yeah, It feels pretty good to me right now. I think i'll put a few hundred through the ToddG trigger setup. We will see on the range. How long did it take you to get used to the trigger?

Also, when I handle my Glocks now my natural wrist position points them very high. I think the P30 has me hooked.

Not long at all, but I did not shoot striker fired guns all that much. All my handguns are LEM execpt for my P7's.

Calibrator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I got my HK P30 9mm the other day. I took it to the range today. Wow! This gunis fantastic!! It is super accurate and is the best fit in my hand of any gun Iown! It melts into your grip and assimilates with your hand! I shot two 8 roundgroups at 25 feet at a fast 1 second time between shots (just enough time tore-acquire) and had the entire 16 rounds group within a 4” circle around the bullseye! Fantastic. I’ve been an avid Glock owner for 17 yearsbut this P30 is something to behold!

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I got my HK P30 9mm the other day. I took it to the range today. Wow! This gunis fantastic!! It is super accurate and is the best fit in my hand of any gun Iown! It melts into your grip and assimilates with your hand! I shot two 8 roundgroups at 25 feet at a fast 1 second time between shots (just enough time tore-acquire) and had the entire 16 rounds group within a 4” circle around the bullseye! Fantastic. I’ve been an avid Glock owner for 17 yearsbut this P30 is something to behold!

I wish I had taken to it as fast as you did. Are you running the LEM or SA/DA?

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    HK P30, 200rds, 1 stovepipe with AE
    G19, 150rds, 0 failures
    G17, 150rds 0 failures

115grain WWB wallyworld, S&B, Federal AE

So I went back to the range today, and I took three handguns. This may have been a mistake, as I wanted to really practice with the P30 LEM system, but today was the time for comparison.

My best groups are with the G19.
    My most natural grip is with the G19.
    Both Glocks ran flawlessly.

The LEM trigger is causing some hesitation right before the break, while the striker system feels 100% natural.

I also feel that I have a problem with my support hand on the P30, and it goes like this - I don't want to ride my thumbs too high, as i bump the slide release lever, and it is hard for me to hold it regularly as my index finger that grips the front of the trigger guard on glocks naturally, and does NOT feel natural on the P30.

I guess thinking about your grip all over again is the challenge here, but I really feel as if i'm streching my support hand grip to cover the front of the guard.

Also, I did not notice the grip on the P30 being 'so much better' than my glocks while i'm actually shooting, as I notice at my house. Does that make sense? The P30 definitely shoots much softer. I really do enjoy the mag release, also.

At the end of the day I ran three mags, 5 rds/mag, 115gr S&B against some unlucky paper plates, as fast as I could at a public range (re-acquire and pull). Left to right, P30, G17, G19. Yes, I missed the plate once with the G19 and yes, I had some flyers. This is at 7-8 yards. The P30 groups were far slower due to my trigger hesitations.

6489385109_015dc0473e_m.jpg

So, I guess the slight size difference is a minor thing, the trigger difference seems to be major.

Next time, I'll take her out on a more private date. I just.. hate paper. :D

Top Bottom