• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    ^^Ill take it off your hands for a p22 and 250.00 :D

Or next time youll give me advance notice and maybe we can work on you shooting better lol

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Update:

+500 rounds last week, slow fire, groups of 5. +50 rounds today, same. I'm much, much slower with this trigger than I am with my glocks, and I also find that to get any kind of comparable accuracy while keeping my finger always moving on the trigger I need to move my finger at the same speed. Its a bit to deal with mentally. I set the trigger back to conventional V4 to see if my trigger roll technique needed a bit more force than the TG special setup, and it seemed to make very little difference in my accuracy.

However, my glock groups are tighter than ever. I think the P30 LEM v2/TG/4 as i've tested it just has some grip issues that I cannot overcome without killing my bank account and eating all my precious range time. The firearm has been flawless - but it is a step backwards for me as far as my training. Time for the classifieds.

Had I the time or money, this would be a piece I would keep and take some actual classes. Also, the CCC Looper AWIB rig is very nice.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Sorry to hear you are selling your P30. I have a few thousand rounds through a USPc .40 LEM. What you felt before the let off was "stacking". The pressure builds just before the hammer falls. It is more difficult to control the trigger during slow fire unless you have a lot of practice. As some friends of mine and I say this gun/trigger was meant to run fast. It's a combat gun. I'm more accurate with it when I shoot faster.

Gripping my USP (and I've handled the P30 similarly) I have my strong side thumb straight up along the side of the slide and my support side thumb forward and resting on the axis of the slide release lever.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Sorry to hear you are selling your P30. I have a few thousand rounds through a USPc .40 LEM. What you felt before the let off was "stacking". The pressure builds just before the hammer falls. It is more difficult to control the trigger during slow fire unless you have a lot of practice. As some friends of mine and I say this gun/trigger was meant to run fast. It's a combat gun. I'm more accurate with it when I shoot faster.

Gripping my USP (and I've handled the P30 similarly) I have my strong side thumb straight up along the side of the slide and my support side thumb forward and resting on the axis of the slide release lever.

Yep. Strong side thumb was straight up, bit to the left, while the other was forward, RH shooter. Just didn't feel natural - I'm still used to a 2x thumbs forward glock grip.

And yes, I completely agree with you. This gun has a fantastic trigger and is meant to run fast. I will also say that it was difficult for me to run it at different speeds. I could maintain accuracy if i was maintaining trigger pull on a time scale, if that makes sense, like a shot every second (or other time interval). Just have to get your sights in line before your finger hits the stack and rolls through it.

I wasn't terrible with the P30 by any means... just not as good. If I didn't have so much striker pistol under my belt, the P30 would be it. I love the ambi controls and mag release, grip and soft shots. Someone else will benefit from it more than I will, it's up on the EE.

Also, what a benefit to have a hammer to ride when carrying AIWB. I can't do that with my glocks.

Top Bottom