• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I helped a friend of mine move all of his mother-in-law's personal property down to San Antonio. Her son is going to start helping her out down there. She'll be in assisted living but able to come and go.

We stopped at a Buc-ee's right outside of Royce City on I30. It's like a Walmart with gas pumps. Absolutely huge. Absolutely Texan. My buddy counted over 96 gas pumps, and they were over 50% being used. I had to pick up a Buc-ee's hat only because they were mentioned in that BabylonBee parody of liberal Californians moving to Texas. I'll put the links in below in order. In one of the episodes they went to a Buc-ee's and it was funny.

I was planning on just carry-on for the return flight. I packed really light. Took only the minimum in personal hygiene. No shaving stuff, no shampoo, not much more than toothbrush and toothpaste.

Of course I didn't take a jacket. We're going to be unloading in San Antonio Texas. South central Texas. The day we moved the HIGH was 46F!:rolleyes: WTF? As I'm posting this it's 61F down there now, reaching 80F by the weekend. Fortunately I bought my friend from Texas a Buc-ee's hoodie. Guess what I wore before giving it away?

Last meal out of San Antonio was a Whataburger. They're Okay but much overblown.

I did like the gas prices I saw. The lowest price I recall is $2.79. Returning here I filled up my truck for $3.29.

I had to stow my bag in luggage. They weren't upset about my Bipap machine, nor all the wires used for charging in the truck, nor the square flashlights I brought for an emergency, nor the meat sticks. No, my friends had bought me a big jar of Mexican vanilla down in Mexico. I was given a choice, throw it out or check the bag. NO WAY was I going to throw that away, so $30 extra to turn my carry on into stored luggage. But at least the vanilla arrived intact and in Hoosierville.

I think when I retire I'd like to take a trip like that again, but for several weeks. Just drive around the country stopping often and taking in the sites.

Anyway, enough sharing for now. I must clean.

Regards,

Doug

Liberals to Texas.

Ep 1:

Ep 2:

Ep 3:

Ep 4 (Guns):

Ep 5 (Buc-ee's!):

It won't let me put in more than five (5) media piece's, so you'll have to find episode 6, the finale, on your own.:nailbite:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom