• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Here are a few pics of my 512. It's hard to get a good close up because the rifle is so long. The finish is a mix between bluing and age patina. She functions like she should.

7FBF341B-78B0-4741-BE28-82EA013FFCDC-1875-000001F238B4748A_zpse0a0c5b5.jpg

I really like the action on it. :D And yes the bolt handle is a nice polished deep blue.

F9B24A97-EFFF-45AD-8178-3586D41672CB-1875-000001F23EE747F4_zpsba68ff5f.jpg

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Just found out my rifle doesn't like to feed and eject rounds right. I think either a new lifter or lifter spring is in order. It also didn't like Federal hollow points. Too bad that's all I've got on hand.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    That's a sweet rifle right there. Shame she's got indigestion but sounds like you've got the cure. Really like that action too :D. Way better than the plastic end cap on my Westernfield, everyone I've talked to said that if that thing goes; it's a real dog to change out...IF one finds the parts.

meegz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Delaware County
    Just found out my rifle doesn't like to feed and eject rounds right. I think either a new lifter or lifter spring is in order. It also didn't like Federal hollow points. Too bad that's all I've got on hand.

Pretty rifle :) My 34 is patina'd just slightly less, but I think I like the grain of the wood on yours slightly better. This can get expensive (like shooting a 22 isnt nowadays? lulz), but if you can find them, the OLD Remington red & white box Golden Bullet solids shoot fantastic through mine and dad's 34's, and the 580 and 582 we have. I haven't seen any in a while (and still got a box and a half left) but last time I got some was at $8.00/box, and I saw them regularly at $10/box. I don't know if you can even find any now, tbh.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Probably needs a new spring and extractor to fix the problem you are having. may have trouble finding parts for it but check places like Numrich before getting worried.

Looks nice though.

paddywonka

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Tube fed 22s have long been favorite rifles with me & my friends. Make for nice squirrel hunting rifles. Can't be beat for overall fun guns, and lots of shots between reloading.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I'm thinking its the cartridge stop because after a thorough cleaning its only the first round that hangs up now. It seems like it tries to feed two rounds at first then it works perfectly after you clear that jam.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    To help prove this is an addiction: I went to the Kokomo show today with intent to find 1 of 3 things. I found one of them at the price I'd pay, but I also found a Marlin bolt gun - tube fed, Model 72 I believe. $100 OTD. Ugly, felt like a boat oar but action was smooth, a little...heavy patenia we'll say. Almost was worth holding off the other purchase just to get the dang'd .22.

They also had a super sweet Winchester bolt - tube rifle in .22 s/l/lr for $325. That thing was nniiccceee. As well as a Mossberg something or other, it was only $100 as well but it was even more of a boat oar. Some Marlin .22mag bolt - tube rifle that had been hill-hocked on the stock and still thought it was worth $300.

Top Bottom