• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Starting this to see how we can convince the other half that the money spent this weekend is a good thing.

“Honey, I didn’t even buy a new gun. I just got ACCESSORIES for the ones I already have. You know like a purse and jewelry to go with my rifle?”

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Your doing it wrong. My wife and I set aside money for the 1500 3 weeks ago when we did our monthly budget. Saves a lot of arguments and hurt feelings about impulse purchases.

I don't understand you people that have to beg money for hobbies, or stash money from the significant other for stuff like this. Guess I got lucky with who I married.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    My future wife actually told me, "One of these days, you need to have a gun room, just for your guns.".....Notice I said future wife?

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Your doing it wrong. My wife and I set aside money for the 1500 3 weeks ago when we did our monthly budget. Saves a lot of arguments and hurt feelings about impulse purchases.

I don't understand you people that have to beg money for hobbies, or stash money from the significant other for stuff like this. Guess I got lucky with who I married.

You are so awesome
    and we suck.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I am lucky as well bought a new barrel for her 870 the other day just picked up 2 brand new 10/22 takedowns going to the 1500 with 600.00 in my pocket and she says jf we need it buy it. Oh and I dont work anymore I stay home with the baby. She is a hospice nurse we have no debt but the mortgage and we pay cash for everything. We dont even hide money to spend on each other for Christmas or b- days...lol

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    My wife would roll her eyes whenever I brought up a new purchase... then one day I brought her home a gun (without advanced notice) and I was shocked how happy she was... I was almost hoping for a roll of the eyes to which I would respond 'Well, if you don't want it, then can I have it?' but that backfired lol

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    My wife enjoys shooting too. Although she's more of the one who "likes to not spend money" I learned that if she starts to pester me at the show all I have to do is give her a 20 or two and let her run off. Then she doesn't give me crap about my purchases, LOL

Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon
    Starting this to see how we can convince the other half that the money spent this weekend is a good thing.

“Honey, I didn’t even buy a new gun. I just got ACCESSORIES for the ones I already have. You know like a purse and jewelry to go with my rifle?”

I got a new gun belt so no more of this:

butt-crack.jpg

I think it's justified and a win win for everyone!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    After 22 years of marriage, I have a simple rule. Once I get my purchase home and into the gun safe, the proper answer is, "Why honey, I've always had that gun."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A very wise man reminds me when I am in his gun shop: "You're not spending money, you are re-investing your assets."
    I call that "investing in semi-precious metals" - lead, copper, brass and steel... ;)

As for my personal justification this time around? I had to go to weddings the previous two weekends in a row. The gun show Friday and the range trip Saturday were my "me time".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    My wife has nothing against my guns. She just dont understand the need for so many of them. So i do have to keep my addiction on the down low. If im gonna spend 5 or 6 hundred on a gun, she thinks we need new floors. Just starts bs. So i dont tell ger anything.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    My wife and I have a list for more additions. The next on on the list is hers.. then theres one for me... we alternate. When the money's right, we go buy the next one in line. Keeps things fair for us. (accessories are different though.. Still looking for a forend, fore grip, red dot sight, sling, range bag.. you know... like women shop for shoes LOL)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    WoW! The idea of jiustification never occured in our house. We have; house money, her money and my money. As long as the house is happy, she doesn't question my spending and I don't question hers. It's worked quite well this way for years. I don't question her about the pool boy expenses and she doesn't question me about my hobby expenses.

Strange thing is that I don't know of anybody else in our group that has a pool boy just for a hottub?!?:dunno:

Top Bottom