• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HomeGrownNUgly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Portage In
    I've been looking to purchase a K98 German Mauser for some time now. None of the gun shops near me have any. The last few guns shows have been a no go as well. Ive finally found some online but not quite sure if I should buy. First off has any one has any experience with Century International Arms? Secondly I one thing I do want on this rifle is the german markings. And the ad says that these are arsenal refinished. What exactly does that mean. Let me know what I should be looking for. Thank you all.

Page 23 - Century Arms January 2014 Catalog

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Century arms is a large importer. They've been around for a long time.
    Those K98s are most certainly Russian captured K98s that were refinished in Russia. They may or may not have had the Nazi markings removed.
    If you go to a large gun show you will find K98s for sale. Russian captures start about $350 and go up from there. I haven't seen very many Russian captures in that range lately so maybe $400.
    I would recommend you look for a nice bolt mismatch rifle. They can still be found for decent prices on occasion and will be worth more than a Russian capture in the future.

HomeGrownNUgly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Portage In
    I wouldn't mind a Russian capture at all. I Just mainly want a gun in great shape that is a great shooter and has all the marking intact. Gander Mountain has them for $400.00 but they have been scrubbed of all the original markings and have the Yugo crest on the receiver.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I'd keep an eye out and look for a Russian capture with German markings before I spent $400 on a yugo capture. Yugo refurbs are usually nice but don't retain the German markings.

HomeGrownNUgly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Portage In
    Hey Citizenkane which are the big gun shows in Indiana other than the indy 1500? I've been to few here in northwest indiana and have only found a turkish mauser.

Top Bottom