• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Nominee for Supreme Court Justice, Elena Kagan, cannot find it within herself to say that it is unconstitutional for Congress to dictate what you eat everyday.

The example is not important, it is the fact that she can find no breach of liberty being a step too far. There are no limits of government power to this woman.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSoWGlyugTo"]YouTube - Kagan Declines To Say Gov't Has No Power to Tell Americans What To Eat[/ame]

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since there is no actual Constitution to thwart the Stalinization of America, how can anything be unconstitutional?

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    They've made laws about who you can have sex with and how, laws about what drugs you may buy, produce, and use, whether you can take your own life, and laws about who you can hire, Why would it be unconstitutional to legislate what may be eaten? Just because the government is not restrained from making a law, does not mean law isn't a ridiculous infringement on personal privacy or freedom. He may as well have asked if it would be constitutional to lower the speed limit to 5 MPH. Of course it is.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Warning! Tin Foil Statement: She knows exactly what she is doing, and so do the people that put her there.

Yep, not sure what the surprise is. Look at the Progressive buddy in NYC. Banned transfats, now banning salt in restaurants. They think they can do anything they want.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    How dare you uneducated people question [strike]Comrade[/strike], I mean, Ms Kagen.
    She is obviously well equipped to make decisions for all of us.
    After all she is a Law Clerk.
    Mike

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    You are looking at the next justice on the supreme court so everybody better get ready. The Republicans can't stop her unless she really screws up enough to throw some Democrats against her.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    She is going to be on the Not-So-Supreme Court and people like her are going to chip away our freedoms, which are slim enough already, until we're left with nothing but chains.

I believe that we're at the point where we can accept that the dream that the United States once was is gone or we can do something about it. Either way, our words are achieving very little.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I looked at some other YouTube's concerning her, and she doesn't really have much to say about anything! She just kept going back to, "I'll rule with the laws and Constitution", even if that wasn't what was asked!
    This is scarey times.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    I looked at some other YouTube's concerning her, and she doesn't really have much to say about anything! She just kept going back to, "I'll rule with the laws and Constitution", even if that wasn't what was asked!
    This is scarey times.

Every nominee does this. they keep their head down and give uncontroversial answers. As long as they do this, they can expect little opposition. Senators don't wish to look obstructionist right now. All it would take is a filibuster to derail the nomination, but no one will do it, especially since a third of them are coming up for reelection this fall while anti-incumbent feelings are strong.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Just like when soto sotomayor said she was not going to infringe apon the 2nd ammendment. Yet she just voted to ban the 2nd ammendment in every state. Remember the 5-4 vote that just passed. Soto Sotomayor was one of the 4.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    We need to ammend the constitution to change the commerce clause.

That would clear up a lot of this nonsense.

Also need to further delinate the 10th amendment to make it painfully clear as to how far the Feds can go.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Sen. Coburn asked the wrong question. He should have asked, "If I wanted to sponsor a bill and it said that being an horrifically unattractive technically-closeted-but-intuitively-obvious lesbian with a face that even your own mother would shove is now against the law, and it became the law of the land, does that violate the Commerce Clause?"

This would have forced her to answer, "YES!" like she should have done.

Even more troubling to me than the non-answer to the hypothetical food law question is what it *did* say:

"...I think that courts would be wrong to strike down laws that they think are..uh...senseless, just because they're senseless."

W.T.F., over??!? :n00b:

So this wildebeast has just admitted that no matter how insanely stupid a law is, the courts would be wrong to try and stop the madness!!!
    :soapbox:

I believe that we're at the point where we can accept that the dream that the United States once was is gone...

I wish I could disagree with this statement, but within the past 20 years there has been a palpable change in the U.S., a swift death of common sense and a disgusting level of apathy to these changes. The dead white guys that led the colonies to independence got p:xmad:-ed off enough to shed blood over having to pay a few more cents for their tea, and yet we tolerate it like good little :sheep:-ple when 5 year olds get treated like criminals and are kicked out of school because they made a "gun" with their tiny little hands while playing Cops & Robbers (now renamed "Murdering Racist Thugs With a Badge & Disadvantaged Victims of Police Brutality" :xmad: on today's PC playground) at recess. George W., Thomas Paine, and company would have tarred and feathered any school principal/administrator that had done such nonsense back in the day, whereas the perks of our modern life has allowed/seduced us into just going :whistle: "...well, that's just the way it is."

However, having said that, I *do* think that even our words here on the interwebs *are* making a gradual difference! Think about it..., the latest "kid kicked out of school for an image/picture/toy gun" fiasco brought swift, national, and well-deserved condemnation upon the idiot administration of the "school" (sic) in question, and they quickly changed their tune and let the poor kid back in class. Internet boards like this have allowed like minded people to communicate easily with each other and see that our disgust with incidents such as these are not ours alone, and this has allowed instant communication of our displeasure with such institutions/politicians/etc.

20 years ago Indiana was one of the FEW states with a personal protection handgun licensing system. But as communication via the 'net has grown, we have seen explosive growth in the number of states now allowing CC/OC. I don't think it is mere coincidence. I think the ability to jump on a forum and find out what has worked in other states to RESTORE rights usurped from We The People has helped drive the tremendous amount of success the pro-freedom/firearm/self-defense movement has had in States across America.

When we aren't bickering like 3-year olds :baby: over whose dog is bigger and getting butthurt by such nonsense :rolleyes: , forums like INGO have become a powerful tool to see that We lawful gunowners are RIGHT, the gun banners are WRONG, and that we can take concerted action both locally and nationally to restore our natural human right to arms and to maintain the freedom and security that owning firearms/weapons provides, and to try to educate the non-shooting public to reverse the media's past 4 decades of "guns are BAAAaaa-aaadd :koolaid:" brainwashing. :twocents:

:ingo:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom