• 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Thanks to all who responded.
    I plan on going to bradis tomorrow to fondle a few, poly and steel,
    Don't know if it'll be soon (hopefully) but I'll post pics as soon as I bring one home.

Fare warning, if you havent checked the prices on the steel framed Kahrs, they can get spendy, but, there isnt anything else I have found that compares to them.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I recommend you take your Mom and let her help pick the handgun. While I am a big Kahr fan, I would not recommend one for a woman who has weak hands. When new and not broken-in they are to be loaded with the slide back and locked and the slide stop used to release the slide.

I would start looking with a Glock 19. It would be near perfect for spending time where your Mom will have quick access.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I am a huge fan of the K9 and the MK9 though they are going to weigh a little more than the Poly models. Just my two cents. I see them as holding their value better than a Poly just my opinion though. Take it for what it is.

I checked out a K-9 elite at the NRA show and that gun fir my hand better than anything I've ever picked up. I just have to shoot one and see if I like that type of trigger.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Just be aware that Kahrs have a minimum 200 round break-in period. I bought mine used and it hasn't missed a beat. My SIL bought a new one and it had some malfunctions with the first 25 rounds or so, but shot the remaining 225 rounds without any hiccups.

Last edited:

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    Well after my mom and I went and checked some out , she didn't like them but loved a glock 17 :dunno:
    So I bought a police trade in gen 3 with night sights and 1 mag yesterday at the 1500.
    Already had a holster and 4, 17 mags so overall I'm happy spent a little more, I think right at $100 or more than the used kahr's I've seen but I feel like its a better gun for the desired purpose.
    Still truly holding out for the single stack by glock.
    Again thanks to everyone who posted , very helpful !

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well after my mom and I went and checked some out , she didn't like them but loved a glock 17 :dunno:
    So I bought a police trade in gen 3 with night sights and 1 mag yesterday at the 1500.
    Already had a holster and 4, 17 mags so overall I'm happy spent a little more, I think right at $100 or more than the used kahr's I've seen but I feel like its a better gun for the desired purpose.
    Still truly holding out for the single stack by glock.
    Again thanks to everyone who posted , very helpful !

Good job! You went and saw for yourself. I am too late coming to this party but I was going to point out that most of the posts here were by Kahr owners and/or fans. I have heard great things about Kahrs and I am sure they are fine firearms, but when I went and actually handled some I decided they were not the pistol for me. This was even though I had decided which model would be best for me by reading forums.

You really just don't know what will strike your fancy until the test drive. I remember buying a motorcycle once without test riding it. The minute I got it home(trailered), fired it up and rode it, I knew I wasn't going to be happy with it. Now, I would never buy a bike without a test ride. The same goes for most anything else I purchase.

You can't go wrong with your choice. And I don't even own a Glock!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Good job! You went and saw for yourself. I am too late coming to this party but I was going to point out that most of the posts here were by Kahr owners and/or fans. I have heard great things about Kahrs and I am sure they are fine firearms, but when I went and actually handled some I decided they were not the pistol for me. This was even though I had decided which model would be best for me by reading forums.

You really just don't know what will strike your fancy until the test drive. I remember buying a motorcycle once without test riding it. The minute I got it home(trailered), fired it up and rode it, I knew I wasn't going to be happy with it. Now, I would never buy a bike without a test ride. The same goes for most anything else I purchase.

You can't go wrong with your choice. And I don't even own a Glock!
    Now, learn about all the ins and outs of the pistol and plan an extensive range day.

Top Bottom