• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Anyone had any issue with a CW9 and Winchester white box ammo? About half the rnds wouldn't allow the slide to fully close and fire. Not sure what the deal was but Blazer, Remington, and Federal all fures perfecrlly fine.

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    WWB is weak ammunition. Kahrs have strong recoil springs. A bad combination. I suggest that you remove the barrel and try to drop in each round of WWB into the chamber. If they go all the way in and fall out easily, then you know that your Kahr is o.k.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I never had any issues with WWB .40 in my CW-40...

And I've not had any issues with the 9 in my 9mm guns...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Funny, I use WWB as baseline ammo to check for malfunctions. It has always run so consistently in everything I've ever put it through.

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I've shot several hundredrnds of wwb in my G23 with zero issues. I ran probably 50 rnds of wwb through my kahr without any issues. My buddy started shooting it when it started failing. I thought he may have just been limp wristing it but it started doing the same thing to me. Yesterday I ran probably 50 flawless rnds of Federal and Remington with no issues.As soon as I started running the wwb again it started failing. I marked one rnd that wouldn't load and tried loading in the mag to see if it ever would. After about 10xs I gave up but it was the same rnd every time. There were approx 20 in the boxof 100 that wouldn't load.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have used WWB in my MK9 many times without issue. Perhaps the quality has dropped with the recent surge in demand, but even the most recent box I have went through was 100% for me in my Kahr.

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I've run a wide variety of cheap, crappy ammo through my CM9 and P380. No issues with either firearm. The CM9 has around 1k rounds through it, a lot that being WWB. It eats steel cased TulAmmo just fine too. Don't know how recently you got your Kahr. But I know the rumor mill is grinding on their QC taking a hit as they have gained more market share. Could be a bad case of ammo too.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I have not had a single failure with 9mm WWB in a G26, G17, G19, or a G34. I'm sure the QC is a little bit softer on WWB, but I don't buy ammo-particular guns so it works for me.

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Man, what's with the "My Glock eats everything" replies in this thread? The OP asks about WWB and how it relates to KAHR. My Glocks eat everything too, but I don't think that is helping OP.

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    If everyone noticed I said earlier that my Glock 23 runs wwb perfectly fine. Everything has ran fine through my Kahr except for this box of wwb. Might just be a bad batch. Just curious if anyone else has been having any recent problems. I may try to pick up another box of wwb just to sew if it was a bad batch or if the gun just won't run it.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    WWB is very hit and miss, mostly miss. If you want to use WWB learn malfunction drills.

Several other threads around here about guns having issue's with ammo. It turns out a lot of the time to be WWB.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Were the issues at the beginning or the end of your range session? If near the end, the Kahr was probably just dirty enough to have some issues. These little guns have fairly tight tolerances and run better when wet with lubricant.

That said, I fired 100 issue free WWB rounds last Sunday from my CW380. The CW380 was well lubed.

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Were the issues at the beginning or the end of your range session? If near the end, the Kahr was probably just dirty enough to have some issues. These little guns have fairly tight tolerances and run better when wet with lubricant.

That said, I fired 100 issue free WWB rounds last Sunday from my CW380. The CW380 was well lubed.

I had just cleaned the gun the day before and the issue srarted within the first 15-20 rnds. I've since fired countless rnds of remington, blazer, and federal with no issues. I was taking the wwb rnds that wouldn't fire and loading in the mags with other ammo and they failed every single time. No sure if it was just a few bad rnds in the box or what but there was definitely an issue. Gonna try to pick up another box and see if it was just a bad batch or my particular gun just doesn't like em.

Top Bottom