• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lipster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I want to stay with 9mm, not .380
    Have a Shield 9mm, carry IWB most of the time, but once in a while, I need to put one in pocket, with holster.
    Shield is just a tad not quite small enough.
    Is the CM9 enough smaller to go into a pocket holster?, or should I just give up on a 9 ever in a pocket.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You should look at the Kahr CM9 or the more expensive brother- the PM9. They are one round less than the Shield (6+1) and are correspondingly smaller. The CM9/PM9 are two-finger pistols because of their size.

The Shield is closer in size and capacity to the Kahr CW9/P9 series which are difficult to pocket carry. You might want to test fire them and/or check pocket fit before investing in them. Very nice triggers, but they are different from the Shield.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I pocket carry a CM9 in a De Santis holster every weekday. I wear suits and the pockets work just fine. If you like to wear really skinny jeans, you will have to step down to a .380 for pocket carry.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    My PM9 is my constant companion, residing in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I have no problem wearing it with skinny jeans, and am able to go biking with it in my pocket, although it does take a couple of pedal pushes to get it aligned in my pocket to allow easier but safer biking. :) In the jeans, it just look like a large cell phone.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    What about the beretta nano 9mm? I hate you stear you away from a kahr very nice smooth trigger om the kahr. Rodabrah 9 how ever you spell that is an ultra compact 9mm but pricy at about 800-1000

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    The Kahr does have a smooth trigger but it is a single action trigger. I'm pretty used to a double action trigger so it is a slight issue for me (all my other pistols are a variant of the M&P).
    That said I use a bikini holster and pocket carry a PM9 VERY often now that I'm not layered due to colder weather.
    If I were to do it all over again I would have purchased a M&P shield but they were obviously not around a couple years ago when I bought the PM9.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes, the CM9, Nano and P290 all fit pretty well and equally in the micro-9 pocket pistol category. I narrowed down to those three before I went with one. All three will do pocket carry... unless you wear the jeans with the embroidery on the butt. Then, I don't know. I wear old man jeans: Levis 550 and Carhartts. All three worked fine in khakis too.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The Kahr does have a smooth trigger but it is a single action trigger. I'm pretty used to a double action trigger so it is a slight issue for me (all my other pistols are a variant of the M&P).
    That said I use a bikini holster and pocket carry a PM9 VERY often now that I'm not layered due to colder weather.
    If I were to do it all over again I would have purchased a M&P shield but they were obviously not around a couple years ago when I bought the PM9.

Kahr's do not have single action triggers.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Lipster. Just a tip. Sarcasm doesn't always come through in plain text. I read your previous message as going nuts on Bahrutile. Apparently, so did Indykid. If you want to be sure the humor comes through, you should either use an appropriate smiley ;) or color your text purple.

Also, you might want to post something in the Introductions forum just to say Hi and meet some of the folks. :ingo: A final tip: you might want to browse the FAQ. Lots of good information there, including the one about purple text.

Last edited:

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Ive got a PM9, its an early one I have had for years. I carry it in a Stoner Pocket holster in my back pocket like a wallet. All I ever wear is jeans. Never a problem and Im pretty active at work. It does wear the pocket out a little before the rest of the jeans are wore out. Stoner is usually at the 1500 and the holster was like $35.00. They have front pocket versions too

lipster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    You know, I'm glad you mentioned back pocket carry. I never seriously condider that, as I don't understand how you can sit comfortably with a piece in the back pocket. Guns don't bend like wallets.
    PM9 in rear pocket, and you can sit ok?

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I wouldn't mind pocket carry, though maybe something like a kel tek p32, or something of the sort. Just for those times where even carrying isw isn't going to work.

Top Bottom