• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I'm bad about not keeping track of round counts, but I do know I've done atleast 300 through it now. Hasn't skipped a beat. Gone bang each time. Trigger doei take some getting used to, it's different, but I like it.

I had some original concern if I'd keep it or not. I think by the photo you can tell I decided I wanted to keep after I stippled it. I've got the Pierce Grip Extensions for the two six round mags. I also have two 7 round factory mags as well that have room for the pinky.

Really, my only complaint is the same complaint a lot of Kahr owners have... and that's that the damn magazines don't fit flush! I just pant the floor plates and bottom 1/4" of my magazines black so it blends in a bit.

vJsC9Vm.jpg

I trust that if I pull the trigger, it will go bang. I'll throw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, pair of shorts and a t-shirt... whatever. Carry this IWB usually in my Shephard IWB holster or sometimes my N8 Tactical IWB Holster (or even OC around the house with a custom made Kydex holster someone on INGO made for me).

I'm wanting to get the slide cerakoted black as well, which is probably what I'll do next and be the last of my mods.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I don't know if it is still the case, but the 7-rounders were pretty finicky in the CM9 a couple years ago. I sent my 7-rounder back to Kahr and traded it (free) for a 6er.

I don't care for the 1 7-rounder I have either. The only time I have ever had feed issues is with the 7-rounder. And sometimes it pinches my pinky on recoil! ouch! I don't mind shooting a 44 mag with my pinky under the grip, so a little 9mm is no big deal.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If one has medium or small hands, the CM9 is easy to handle and very reliable. I got one a while back to replace my S&W 642. I trained a new shooter with his new CM9. He performed exceptionally well with it. They do require a break-in period. This last new one started being 100% reliable after a couple of magazines, but the company recommends a 250 round break in, so we continued to shoot. We started off with fmj factory. That's when we had a few function problems. After it started running reliably, it fed everything from lead round nose, to fmj, to hollow points. As someone whose double action revolver shooting goes back a long time, I found the trigger on the Kahr, an easy transition. Although it has a long pull, it isn't heavy and very smooth. With the advances in cartridges, I don't think I'm giving up much switching from the .38 SPL to the 9mm Luger.

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    Just wondering. I saw a YouTube video put put by the guy from military arms channel talking about a fatal flaw with the pistol. The guide rod makes the pistol go out of battery I was wanting to get one but the video made me freak out. Anyone watch it or have the experience with this pistol?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I thought he carried a Kahr. Can you provide a link to this video? I've never heard of such a problem and have been using Kahrs for years.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Why freak out? You having the same issues?? If not don't concern yourself with an issue that isn't present. Lube the crap out of your kahr, kahr pistols are like AR15, love the lube. You will be good to go. My CW9 has over 1200 rounds and hasn't had a single malfunction even shooting garbage ammo.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Just wondering. I saw a YouTube video put put by the guy from military arms channel talking about a fatal flaw with the pistol. The guide rod makes the pistol go out of battery I was wanting to get one but the video made me freak out. Anyone watch it or have the experience with this pistol?

Never heard of it. Occasionally when reassembling, the guide rod can be a bit finicky and keep the pistol from going into battery if it's not perfect, but once it's back together properly it doesn't just pop up again out of nowhere.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    He is referring to:

Flaw in the Kahr CM9 | The Bang Switch

Between my father and I, we have put probably 500-1K rounds through 2 different CM9s. I don't remember either of us running into this issue. I'll have him check it out and report back (as he still owns his - I sold mine for a P938).

Talk to ol' Jocko over on Kahr talk. He can't spell or construct a sentence to save his life, but he has 32,000 rounds through his modded PM9 and is a big contributor over there. He's also a fellow Hoosier. :)

He'd just tell you to shoot the damn thing like you stole it, regardless if a video on the web says there is a flaw or not... haha. I need to hang out over there more often.

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun

This was early run cm9's i believe. They now come (and have for a couple years) with a beveled guide rod end that eliminates the chance of it not going into battery.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This was early run cm9's i believe. They now come (and have for a couple years) with a beveled guide rod end that eliminates the chance of it not going into battery.

My father just stopped by and he showed me his CM9. Cool Breeze is correct. Kahr has fixed that issue by tapering the end of the guide rod so that won't happen.

Kahr triggers do have long trigger travel, but the trigger pull itself is butter smooth. My P938 has the exact opposite of a trigger. It has little travel at all, but requires deliberate pressure. It breaks very cleanly though.

Top Bottom