• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I wonder if it will have the dippy loaded chamber indicator on the top of the slide like the P380 (or is that just an "option" now?).

AFAIK, the LCI is an option on the P380 (CA compliant model, SKU #KP38233); mine does not have it and I don't recall ever seeing one on guns we've sold at the shop (we only order the standard models).

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Thanks for the clarification. It would be great if MFG would make more of the liberal-state-specific requirements "options".
    I think it could work. In some cases you just skip machining steps, in others you just leave certain parts out.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Found out today that it will be 335 after tax from my local shop! Now the wait begins

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Just got an email yesterday from Kahr stating it will be late spring early summer before the CW380 will be out for retail. Just FYI

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Any updates on the cw380 release date? My Google search came up empty.

I did a quick Google search, too. Found a thread on Kahr Talk, dated 4/19, where someone quotes the Kahr FB Page as saying "60 days out". 4/19 + 60 days = any day now...

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sorry to bring bad news:( but Kahr had some issues with the slide stop. Had to be reworked, now they won't be out until late September, early October. And in small quanities at that time. Late October, early November before large quanities are available. Look on the bright side, maybe ammo will be easier to find by then.:):

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I like my LCP. Like my P238 better. Both work very well for pocket carry, if you use a pocket holster. I pocket carry my CM9 sometimes. It is a little bulky and not as easy to hide, but it is 9mm and a very nice pistol. I was thinking about the CW380 for my 76 yo mother. The LCP has too much recoil and the trigger a little stiffer, and she can't take the safety off the P238. The trigger is nice and soft on the CM9, so she can at least pull the trigger, but I'm afraid the recoil, though light for me, would be more than she could handle. She might be able to handle the CW380...if I rack the slide for her.

indygamerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Muncie
    I didn't see it mentioned in the thread, but an idea I've long had since the introduction of Kahr's economy (C) line of firearms, I had wanted to see a CM45. Essentially the PM45 with the non-polygonal rifled barrel and less machined slide, MIM parts, etc. Finally saw it on Youtube as being seen at Shot Show 2013.

FINGERS CROSSED on getting one within the next year. I have owned a Springfield XDs-45 for a matter of 72 hours or less now and I'm in love with it, shoots nice and feels like it was made for me. But before the XDS there was always this lust toward a PM45. lust because I'd NEVER pay the price for it.. A CM45 could be a "game changer" imo, being that it would likely cost around the same as other CW/CM firearms and offer a fair bang for the buck.

shooter - have you guys heard anything about them? On the things I've seen and read they estimated a 2013 release

GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for LCP info. I would love a P238, but trying to keep pocket gun sub $350. I have a shield 9mm as daily carry now, but its a little too bulky for a pure pocket gun and does better for me IWB.

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    ... Has anyone owned both a LCP or P3AT and also a P380? Thoughts?

I still own the LCP, owned and sold the P3AT after acquiring the LCP, have not touched the P380 but I owned for 5 years and sold the Kahr PM9 which apparently has many operating characteristics similar to the P380 per articles I have read. The LCP, to me, is a much better quality build that the P3AT. The P3AT would fail to feed or fail to eject on occasion while I have not had a malfunction with the LCP. I purchased the P3AT and the Kahr PM9 several years ago when I started carrying. The Kahr is a high quality weapon that operated flawlessly for me. At the time of purchase it was my opinion that for the money it was a very good small carry weapon. It did, however, bite me a couple of times as the gun cycled. Ouch. Overall comparing the three guns, the Kahr was clearly the overall better weapon. The LCP and P3AT sights are only minimally adequate at best. However, the Kahr sighting system is less preferred by me over the three dot sighting systems of other similar sized weapons. My observations for what you paid for them.

I am, in general, not a DAO fan but that is not the basic question being asked. However, though not asked, I will volunteer I have acquired both the SIG P238 and P938 and have already sold the Kahr and will be selling the LCP. In my opinion, a DA/SA is no more or less safe that a DAO. Both firing systems must be trained with and used properly. My 7 years military and many years hunting have made me totally comfortable with manual safeties and shorter trigger pulls.

Last edited:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks for LCP info. I would love a P238, but trying to keep pocket gun sub $350. I have a shield 9mm as daily carry now, but its a little too bulky for a pure pocket gun and does better for me IWB.

Keep an eye on gunbroker. The shortage of handguns is over and almost appears to be a glut. You could possibly win a bid on a NIB Sig P238 for not much more the your $350 limit. I like my LCP, but the Sig is a much better pistol...if you can't wait for the Kahr. I love my Kahr, but again like the Sig better.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I gave up waiting on a CW380. I am still on the wait list at a local shop and may purchase one when they finally make it there but I bought a Sig P238.

I paid $425 for the tactical version with laser hogue grip and all... I saw it at the 1500 and just couldn't pass up the deal being brand new and all. I've gotta say I am extremely happy with the purchase, just the fact that it comes with night sights unlike the Kahr about makes the extra money paid well worth it. Plain and simple it is just a quality firearm. If you find one in the price range or what you are willing to pay I would recommend buying it without hesitation. I love that pistol, it shoots especially amazing for a little 380! Accurate, little recoil and everything I could want in a little gun. Nothing but good things to say here!

GCA321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I gave up waiting on a CW380. I am still on the wait list at a local shop and may purchase one when they finally make it there but I bought a Sig P238.

I paid $425 for the tactical version with laser hogue grip and all... I saw it at the 1500 and just couldn't pass up the deal being brand new and all. I've gotta say I am extremely happy with the purchase, just the fact that it comes with night sights unlike the Kahr about makes the extra money paid well worth it. Plain and simple it is just a quality firearm. If you find one in the price range or what you are willing to pay I would recommend buying it without hesitation. I love that pistol, it shoots especially amazing for a little 380! Accurate, little recoil and everything I could want in a little gun. Nothing but good things to say here!

Congrats on the Sig. I ended up going with a Taurus TCP for $200 bucks to use as a pocket gun until the cw380s become plentiful. Have not had a chance to take it to the range yet. The Kahr Facebook page said they are doing their best to start shipping the cw380 in "late spring." But, even then, I suspect it will be some time before they are readily available and not on back order.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I got my CW380 today!!! I am liking it… It in no way compares to the sig but it blows an lcp out of the water… Paid 337 after tax. The guy at the gun shop called me while I was in the shower to say it was in. I quit washing and was there in 20 minutes half dry! Thought I ought to let everyone know I finally got my hands on it. Ran a couple mags though it and its pretty nice

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I got my CW380 today!!! I am liking it… It in no way compares to the sig but it blows an lcp out of the water… Paid 337 after tax. The guy at the gun shop called me while I was in the shower to say it was in. I quit washing and was there in 20 minutes half dry! Thought I ought to let everyone know I finally got my hands on it. Ran a couple mags though it and its pretty nice

Is the Kahr any smaller, or easier to hide in a pocket?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Is the Kahr any smaller, or easier to hide in a pocket?

Simple answer: I have no problem concealing the sig in jeans "that fit" and I don't think the Kahr hides/conceals any different. My biggest concern is usually the thickness of a gun… There is difference in grip thickness but thats it… I can give you a more detailed run down if you like but if the only thing you are thinking about to decide between the two is ability to conceal, you have no worries either way. There are subtle differences but nothing major at all. Maybe I can get some pics up one day here soon… But I am with you on how great the Sig is just such quality and so much better you can't really make a comparison on lots of things.

Top Bottom