• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've been on the hunt for a super-small .40 caliber "pocket pistol" for a while. The Kahr PM40 seems to fit the bill perfectly. Before I spring for one, I'd like to put a few rounds through it. Anyone willing to meet me at a range (Danville CC would work - or your range)? I can supply ammo, and let you keep what is left in the box in exchange for a mag or two down range.

An MK40 would be nice to try, too (the all steel version). Heck, I'll bring a bigger box of ammo, and we can shoot as many .40's and we can find!

Post up or drop me a PM. Thanks in advance!

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I've been on the hunt for a super-small .40 caliber "pocket pistol" for a while. The Kahr PM40 seems to fit the bill perfectly. Before I spring for one, I'd like to put a few rounds through it. Anyone willing to meet me at a range (Danville CC would work - or your range)? I can supply ammo, and let you keep what is left in the box in exchange for a mag or two down range.

An MK40 would be nice to try, too (the all steel version). Heck, I'll bring a bigger box of ammo, and we can shoot as many .40's and we can find!

Post up or drop me a PM. Thanks in advance!

Doesnt that have only 6 rounds in it?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yes. 6+1. I'll bring a SMALL box of ammo. :D

Looks like it will make a nice back-up or pocket-carry.

I want to be sure it feels decent and points well for me. I expect the .40 to be a bit snappy in such a small gun.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    That would be nice. I've heard mixed reviews on the Kahr. Some find it almost uncontrollable, and others not too terrible. All depends on how well you can get a grip, I'd guess.

Not sure what I'll do if I don't like the Kahr. Maybe scrape up some more cash and go for an EMP?

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I've owned a PM40, and they are a jumpy little gun. Mine was reliable and well made, but I got rid of it due to caliber consolidation. If you don't end up liking it, but want to stick with .40, you may also want to look at a Walther PPS. I have one in 9mm which replaced my PM40. They are a little bit larger than the Kahrs, but have a shorter trigger pull (think Glock trigger). Recoil should be a little less than Kahr, as they weigh more. They will also be on the same price range as the Kahr; much less than an EMP.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Something to keep in mind on those, the slide can be a pain in the butt. My wife is still breaking hers in and has a terrible time with the slide if her hands are even the tiniest bit slippery. And if your grip is too tight, people tend to slightly depress the mag release and causes the slide to lock back. Slide release can also be a bear.

Top Bottom