• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I have a Kahr PM9 Enhanced model and have been thinking about getting or trading it for a Glock 43. What are your alls thoughts on each firearm and which do you like better? I've shot both and enjoy both but just want something different.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It's all personal preference... I haven't had my hands on a 43 more than once, I would like to run a solid hundred + rounds through one. But I would happily carry either pistol. If you want a 43 just buy one... Is there a reason you can't have both?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As tiny as the PM9 is keep there has to be a spot even on the floor of the safe for it so that you can add the Glock to your collection. :D

I personally have a PM9 and don't leave home without it.

Very hard for me to let a firearm go, very easy to overfill my safe. ;)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They're both great pistols but I would give the edge to the Glock. The shorter trigger rest and mags that don't dump rounds in my pocket make the Glock a winner me in spite of the slightly larger size.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Honestly the enhanced trigger my this PM9 is amazing. The main reason I want to switch to the 43 or because I miss my 42 lol also I want a firearm I can carry and also take to the range and be comfortable shooting 100-200 rounds. I'm just going to buy a 43 and if I don't like it I'll sell it.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Honestly the enhanced trigger my this PM9 is amazing. The main reason I want to switch to the 43 or because I miss my 42 lol also I want a firearm I can carry and also take to the range and be comfortable shooting 100-200 rounds. I'm just going to buy a 43 and if I don't like it I'll sell it.

There ya go!!
    great plan!

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    I went with the PM9 strictly because, for me, the 43 was too large to consistently pocket carry. The 43 was comfortable in my hand (didn't get to shoot it), but would have been relegated to IWB duty only - and that's where my XDs .45 lives :-)

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I went with the PM9 strictly because, for me, the 43 was too large to consistently pocket carry. The 43 was comfortable in my hand (didn't get to shoot it), but would have been relegated to IWB duty only - and that's where my XDs .45 lives :-)
    Totally agree on that point and I love Glocks! The PM9 is just perfect for pocket carry, and personally would go to the 26 before the 43, just my opinion.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Honestly I've never pocket carried the PM9 lol if I were to pocket carry I'd get a P380 or CW380 as its smaller for me. Also I love the camber indicator on the PM9 Enhanced as well.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Owned a Kahr P9 and PM9, and liked both quite well. Bought the G43, shot it, and sold both Kahrs immediately. I'm a pretty dyed-in-the-wool Glock guy, and the Kahrs were basically just placeholders until Glock came along with a single-stack 9mm. I couldn't believe how much softer the Glock's recoil was than either Kahr, and the trigger has the same feel and reset characteristics I was already used to, rather than the Kahr's DAO which is quite different.

My :twocents:

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    Owned a Kahr P9 and PM9, and liked both quite well. Bought the G43, shot it, and sold both Kahrs immediately. I'm a pretty dyed-in-the-wool Glock guy, and the Kahrs were basically just placeholders until Glock came along with a single-stack 9mm. I couldn't believe how much softer the Glock's recoil was than either Kahr, and the trigger has the same feel and reset characteristics I was already used to, rather than the Kahr's DAO which is quite different.

My :twocents:

Not surprising the 43 is a softer shooter, it's quite a bit larger than the Kahr. I personally don't find the PM9 to be overly snappy or stout in the recoil department (given its size). I do, however, much prefer the Glocks trigger to the Kahrs. Too bad there isn't a 9mm the size of the Kahr with a trigger like a Glock.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Not surprising the 43 is a softer shooter, it's quite a bit larger than the Kahr. I personally don't find the PM9 to be overly snappy or stout in the recoil department (given its size). I do, however, much prefer the Glocks trigger to the Kahrs. Too bad there isn't a 9mm the size of the Kahr with a trigger like a Glock.
    Love the size of the Kahr PM9 but yes would much rather have the Glock trigger.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I have a pm9 and a G23. I know, apples to oranges, but there is no way I would give up my pm9. The size difference between it and the g43 is noticeable. While the idea of the same trigger on both pieces is ideal, I couldn't get over the size difference. I practice with both, so the trigger difference doesn't bother me.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I had a PM9 for several years. I loved the size, but didn't enjoy shooting it at the range. I didn't feel comfortable carrying a gun I didn't enjoy shooting. When the 42 came out the PM9 went bye bye. When the 43 came out it replaced the 42. It's not the best for pocket carry, but I do it around the house. Everything is a compromise, and I chose the 43 as my compromise. The familiarity is worth it.

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I primarily carry the PM( AIWB. The long trigger gives me a sense of security in that role, or at least a slight margin of error over the Glock. I'm still on the fence though.

Top Bottom