• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I recently (yesterday) purchased a PM9. I got it home an noticed there is no trigger reset. I've searched forums where people mention it resets really late. I called Kahr this morning and they said everything is fine our triggers don't "reset". I'm almost certain my p380 did.

Can anyone who owns a PM9 confirm or deny that there is a trigger reset on the kahr pm9?

Thanks in advance

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    No noticeable reset on my CM9, and they have the same trigger. You can't "ride the reset" like you can with a Glock, but must learn to handle the long, smooth, full trigger stroke. Once you get it, it's easier than it feels when you're starting out.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Can't feel a reset on my PM9 like I can on most other pistols. The trigger is smooth as silk going in both directions. Seems to be a trait of this fine pistol.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    On my M&P 45 there is a lack of a tactile/audible reset, though it does reset around the same point as my glocks. My glocks all have a very audible and tactile "clunk" after the trigger moves forward about 1/2 a centimeter. I can pull the trigger with the Pm9, hold it back, rack the slide, and the trigger won't reset until it is back in it's starting position. My concern is that I may get a round off then not fire subsequent rounds as I'll have to completely release the trigger each time in a high stress encounter. If that's normal then I'll just have to train with it until i get used to a gun with this odd set up

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    On my M&P 45 there is a lack of a tactile/audible reset, though it does reset around the same point as my glocks. My glocks all have a very audible and tactile "clunk" after the trigger moves forward about 1/2 a centimeter. I can pull the trigger with the Pm9, hold it back, rack the slide, and the trigger won't reset until it is back in it's starting position. My concern is that I may get a round off then not fire subsequent rounds as I'll have to completely release the trigger each time in a high stress encounter. If that's normal then I'll just have to train with it until i get used to a gun with this odd set up
    I wouldn't say "completely release." Just do a full trigger stroke. It's not something you have to think about once you do a bit of training.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Based on my two Kahrs, they simply don't have a short reset. It is just the nature of their triggers that you have to take full length pulls each time. Just something to practice and get used to.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Hey kids thanks for all your help and input! I'll just get used to the thing. I appreciate all the info. I was led to believe something different so i became concerned. Other than the reset thing, this is one damn nice trigger.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    You know...now that you mention it there is not a noticeable one on my CM9 but I like the trigger. Very accurate little pistols. These IMO make the LCP obsolete.

Top Bottom