• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    So I'm picking up a new Kahr CW9 tomorrow and I wanted to hear some people's thoughts on their polymer pistols. I've heard some good and some bad, in fact I saw awhile back a post on here regarding the .40S&W model and a problem with the rail on the receiver. So anyway, what do you think? I'll shoot it as soon as I get the chance, to judge myself, but in the mean time I'd like to hear the opinions!

Also I understand: :postpics:
    But as soon as I get the gun tomorrow I'll be putting up some pictures, and just for the heck of it, a few side by sides with it an the Glock 19 for a size comparison. With the single stack mag it's sure to be noticeably thinner, but nothing ever beats the G19!

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    I have a CW9 and have not experienced any problems with it.. I went to the range and just shot 200 rounds before I did anything else with it. It functions fine, no ftf,fte,or any other failures.:cool:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So anyway, what do you think?

I've got an early P9, and it has been good to me. For awhile, the trigger pin had a tendency to walk out about 1/8" to the right, and the flared end would abrade the trigger finger. This was solved by removing and re-installing the pin so that the flared end was to the left. This looks to be the way it should have been installed to begin with, but is contrary to what's pictured in the manual and the exploded views. Nevertheless, it worked like a charm. No reliability or parts-breakage issues to report.

My biggest gripe about the CW series pistols is lack of a night sight option, and I understand that's supposed to change by the end of the year.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I had a CW9. It functioned flawlessly for the short time I had it. I liked the sights on it. I just didn't enjoy shooting it. Something that light and small was not very fun for me to shoot. I opted for a G26 for round capacity and shooting enjoyment.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I've had the PM9 since Father's Day and have had no problems. Slide is tighter than snot, but it hasn't had one misfire.

Love it. Perfect pocket pistol that packs some power.

miltony

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Evansville
    PM9 is my EDC. During break-in a couple of failures to go into battery, solved with the slightest thumb nudge. After break-in (a couple hundred rounds), no problems whatsoever. I have always felt that the polymer frame helps absorb recoil. Very accurate for its short barrel length.

Have to agree with you about the G19 as well. It's my go to service weapon .

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Finally had time to take pics, here it is! :rockwoot:

I was only upset that it's not as simple to field strip as my Glock. It's hard to get the takedown pin out the first few times!

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Yes the take down pin isn't the easiest to remove and reinstall, and the slide takes three hands to pull back, but the 100% reliability all makes up for it in my very early PM9. After over 1000 rounds it is still super tight and amazingly accurate for a micro-pistol. The only bad thing is it is so small and light that I sometimes forget that I have it in my pocket and walk into places that deny our constitutional rights!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Yes the take down pin isn't the easiest to remove and reinstall, and the slide takes three hands to pull back, but the 100% reliability all makes up for it in my very early PM9. After over 1000 rounds it is still super tight and amazingly accurate for a micro-pistol. The only bad thing is it is so small and light that I sometimes forget that I have it in my pocket and walk into places that deny our constitutional rights!

My Kahr PM9 gives me the ability to carry any time I want. Mine is very accurate especially considering its size. I also feel its fairly easy to shoot.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    My Kahr PM9 gives me the ability to carry any time I want. Mine is very accurate especially considering its size. I also feel its fairly easy to shoot.

Yeah, the short and slim grip really adds to the overall conceal-ability of the gun. I bought an IWB holster for it and it easily conceals under just a simple t-shirt. I mainly bought it for that aspect since the Glock is double-stack and has more width to it. I'm happy with the feel and appearance. Now just to get my LTCH and go shoot it! I'm still waiting for my license in the mail. :xmad:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Yeah, the short and slim grip really adds to the overall conceal-ability of the gun. I bought an IWB holster for it and it easily conceals under just a simple t-shirt. I mainly bought it for that aspect since the Glock is double-stack and has more width to it. I'm happy with the feel and appearance. Now just to get my LTCH and go shoot it! I'm still waiting for my license in the mail. :xmad:

I haven't purchased an IWB holster for my Kahr. I just use a Desantis pocket holster. I bet the gun would virtually disappear in a good fitting IWB holster.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    IMHO, it seems most of the small 9mm polymer do pretty good holding up, it's when you get into the heavier calibers that the small polymer guns have more problems due to their size and the pressure from shooting. I've had my PM9 two years now and except for a couple of fte at first I've had no problems, I just have to remember to keep it well oiled.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Picked up a CW9 a couple of weeks ago. So far it's been flawless with 300rds of various ammo. WWB 115gr fmj, 115gr Gold Dots, Federal 115gr 9BP, and 124gr HST +p.

It's definately made it to the carry rotation!

Top Bottom