• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    My CW45 shoots about 6" low for me at 7yds. I know I can file down the front sight to raise POI, but with the white dot and polymer front sight I have a feeling it will get messy. I know I can aim higher to compensate but in a fighting gun I don't want to have to keep something in the memory bank like that. Any other suggestions?

I have considered having XS sights installed, but with the drilling and tapping of the slide for the front sight, really steering away from that option. I have NOT had good luck with gunsmiths working on my weapons.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    You sure you are using the correct POA for the sights on that pistol? I would not file anything. This isnt a revolver. :D You pulling the trigger(causes muzzle down) or squeezing the trigger(correct). Worst case scenario i would have the front sight replaced with a different value. I would call Kahr and ask them whats up AFTER you doublecheck the owners manual.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What does your sight picture look like? Have you tried just putting the white dot on the target and pressing the trigger?

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    My father carries a Kahr PM9 and the last time we went shooting, his shots were hitting low. He has a CT laserguard but we had it turned off. I stood to the side and noticed that when he was pulling the trigger, he was dipping his barrel. He was hitting about 3" low at 10yds. After I pointed that out to him, he was making an effort to squeeze the trigger and keep the barrel straight, his accuracy instantly improved.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    target.jpg

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Been putting the dot on where I want the bullets to land. It is probably more trigger pull technique than anything.

If you are off that much at 7 yards it's nothing to do with the gun....all technique. Could be many different things as soon in the diagram above. I would suggest taking an experience shooter to range to help provide feedback or take a marksmanship class. Good luck.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If you are off that much at 7 yards it's nothing to do with the gun....all technique.

This. Had a customer bring back a Taurus PT111 earlier this week because "it" couldn't put a decent group together at 7 yards. That is, neither he nor any of his family members could keep a magazine's worth of ammo on a pie plate at that distance. So obviously there must be something wrong with the gun.

Same story with the guy who brought back an S&W J-Frame last year, claiming it was shooting several FEET low at 10 yards.

I haz a skeptical. :D

Of course, upon test-firing, both guns produced centered groups of a reasonable size. Explaining that to the customer diplomatically is the real trick...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Let a buddy who is a known good marksman shoot the gun for you at 25 yards or so. I bet you are doing what many folks new to pistols do and that is to anticipate recoil and push the pistol low as you are pulling the trigger.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Definitely agree to practice dryfiring and see if the sights stay level through the full trigger pull. Also, buy some snap caps and have a buddy load one somewhere in the magazine among live rounds. The shooter won't know where the snap cap is and will produce the same jerk or movement as he would with a live round, but it will be visible to the naked eye because of lack of recoil.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Another vote for "it's not the gun, it's your technique".
    Check your grip...what is your support hand doing? Is it actually "supporting" or are you tea-cup holding or something otherwise unhelpful to your strong hand?

Edited to add:
    Please don't start chopping/filing on the gun...

Top Bottom