• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne

Has anyone built one of these? In my research i can only find old info on them from when they first came out, it looks like the old ones had the wrong journal size for the barrel and gas block wasnt drilled but apparently they've changed that

This will be my first ak build whatever kit I go with and I understand there's quite a bit to it and it's nothing like building an AR just to get that out of the way
    I like the idea of getting new parts and I'm not an AK purist ,just want to build something that will run and hold up to high round count

I'm still debating between pre-bent or flat for reciever, I have a sheet metal break I can use so maybe I'll go that route

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Sorry no one has responded to your post.

You might suggest an AK build party as a new thread. In the past there has been about one to two build parties a year on this site.

Guys come together, bring their parts kits, and whatever AK tools they may have and meet.

There is usually enough guys, experience, and tools to walk out with a completed unit AK by the end of the day....just food for thought.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Sorry no one has responded to your post.

You might suggest an AK build party as a new thread. In the past there has been about one to two build parties a year on this site.

Guys come together, bring their parts kits, and whatever AK tools they may have and meet.

There is usually enough guys, experience, and tools to walk out with a completed unit AK by the end of the day....just food for thought.
    Thanks , I have heard of the build party thing, pretty cool idea seeing as how ak building is so much more involved than the AR's I'm used to
    May try to get in on one of those after I've gotten my parts together
    Parts are kindly slim but I dont want to just buy junk just because its available

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Elcarco

Should you buy this this kit, feel free to hit me up, I have a machine shop and I can resize things that do not fit right, ect....

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Elcarco

Should you buy this this kit, feel free to hit me up, I have a machine shop and I can resize things that do not fit right, ect....
    Thank you, I think I'm going to keep researching a bit , I'd really like to find some people who have built this thing now that they claim to have revised those couple of items in the kit
    Maybe I'll stumble onto something better and in stock lol

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    These are similar to the yugo m92/m85 parts kits that came in a couple of years ago... There a good quality product but not all operations have been completed. Your still gonna be drilling all your componets for barrel pins and rivet holes in the front trunnion... Some of those rivet holes need to be countersunk and some unusal rivets installed..... Probably the oddest is the triggerguard mag release lever (which that hole needs to be properly located and drilled).... its not terribly difficult but easy to mess up if someone's not walking you through it.

one example would be when you rivet that mag release that rivet needs to be centered, when smashing. Its domed so youll used 2 properly sized ball bearings to give it the proper mushrooming.... But your receiver needs to be ridged but you need to have clearance for the ball bearing and the proper rivet stick out.... None of that that is hard but steps are easily overlooked and that might trash your single magazine release rivet and youll be waiting a week for a replacement.

Another thing is the the bolt and bullet guild (which also needs riveted in) need some modification to work properly together. The bullet guide helps the bolt start its rotation for lockup and its needs to be properly rounded over as well as the lug on the bolt .

Long story short good quality kits, but....... the least finished kits on the market and the price somewhat reflects that... They would build fine but probably not the best kit to learn on as this far more evolved and is more difficult to build.... If your good with your hands and have a catalog of good tooling available to you go for it.... but if your limited and learning starting with military demilled parts kit as alot more of your work will be already done.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Full disclosure - no personal experience. But I do have a dedicated AK builder buddy (who did the PM md. 63 and 65 clones in my avatar) who has put together a few of these. He ran into some hit and miss issues, which mimics what folks have highlighted about these kits over on the AK Files. Personally, I would steer clear due to some reported poor quality control and consistency issues. If you want to build an AK I'd look for a Romy G kit or something similar.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    These are similar to the yugo m92/m85 parts kits that came in a couple of years ago... There a good quality product but not all operations have been completed. Your still gonna be drilling all your componets for barrel pins and rivet holes in the front trunnion... Some of those rivet holes need to be countersunk and some unusal rivets installed..... Probably the oddest is the triggerguard mag release lever (which that hole needs to be properly located and drilled).... its not terribly difficult but easy to mess up if someone's not walking you through it.

one example would be when you rivet that mag release that rivet needs to be centered, when smashing. Its domed so youll used 2 properly sized ball bearings to give it the proper mushrooming.... But your receiver needs to be ridged but you need to have clearance for the ball bearing and the proper rivet stick out.... None of that that is hard but steps are easily overlooked and that might trash your single magazine release rivet and youll be waiting a week for a replacement.

Another thing is the the bolt and bullet guild (which also needs riveted in) need some modification to work properly together. The bullet guide helps the bolt start its rotation for lockup and its needs to be properly rounded over as well as the lug on the bolt .

Long story short good quality kits, but....... the least finished kits on the market and the price somewhat reflects that... They would build fine but probably not the best kit to learn on as this far more evolved and is more difficult to build.... If your good with your hands and have a catalog of good tooling available to you go for it.... but if your limited and learning starting with military demilled parts kit as alot more of your work will be already done.
    Thank you for the info, guess i need to keep shoping if that's the case , definitely not looking to make my first build more difficult

Top Bottom