• What do you think should happen to Pagano

• Total voters

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Hard to believe, but Irsay got it right this time. Coach can only coach what the GM hands him. The GM was awful, now he`s gone, and hopefully the Colts draft and acquire free agents properly.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    So it comes out that Irsay also tried to get Sean Payton behind Paganos back last week. If I was Chuck I would resign and tell Jimmy to kiss my ass. That's just pure disrespect and Chuck does not deserve that.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    So it comes out that Irsay also tried to get Sean Payton behind Paganos back last week. If I was Chuck I would resign and tell Jimmy to kiss my ass. That's just pure disrespect and Chuck does not deserve that.

Well, one thing is for sure. Jimmy is not going to settle for mediocre at anyone's expense.
    Good guy or not, Pagano MUST get this team up to speed or no question he's gone pronto.
    I like Jim's mindset on this. He's proven since Bob died that he wants a winning team and isn't going to settle for less.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods

Absolutley! But if Chuck is going to coach for us, which I'm glad he is, the fans have to get behind him and support him.
    He is worth another chance.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Amazing how many people still swing from Peyton's nuts. Great guy, great QB, but how do you know if he knows anything about being a GM? Offensive coordinator, sure. But GM, I don't think anyone could know if he has the skills.

As for Pagano, he's been dealt a crappy hand. Give him a chance to do something with a well designed team. The Colts have had a serious problem being run by Irsay and Grigson. Irsay is narcissistic and wants those few marquee players he can brag about. Grigson wasn't strong enough to say no. Luck is a good QB, but nothing justifies that he should be the highest paid QB in the league. 4 top tier players don't make a top tier team.

Great example. The Falcons have Jones, who is arguably the best player in the league. But, they have talent depth EVERYWHERE. Ryan had what, 14 completions to 9 different receivers? When you have an offensive line like the Colts, running up the middle is no longer an option. So you go outside and have to make your receivers blockers or take it to the air. Then you have one good receiver that's covered like Sherwin Williams and the rest are just average. Pretty easy to shut a team like that down.

Since this is a gun forum, think about it this way. You can take the cheapest AR made, throw on some Troy furniture, a Giessele trigger, an Eotech, and a NiB bolt carrier group. Looks pretty, fun to talk about, but doesn't make it a great rifle.

The bottom line is Irsay wants players to brag about, but players don't win championships.

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I'm glad to see Grigson gone his bad draft picks have had a huge effect on the talent level and depth of the team. Pagano is a decent coach, not the greatest...his players play hard for him but I don't think he is a mastermind by any means. With better talent I think he can win but he isn't good enough to overcome the lack of talent. I think Irsay will give Pagano another year and maybe replace him if someone better comes available.

Top Bottom