• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    From my expirience the pf9 is extremely reliable and very accurate. However, it is definately not a range gun; I found i very uncomfortable to shoot. That being said I would not hesitat to carry it on a daily basis.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Ruger LC9 if you are on a budget, Khar PM9 if not

I'd wait a little while before trusting my life to the LC9. Ruger has a history of recals with their new guns. Even though it's a PF9 knock off, I'd still give it some time to let the bugs get worked out and buy one in about 2 years from now.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I have a newer model PF-9 and I have not had any issues with it. The machining on the Kel-Tec's seems to be getting better. Besides that, you cannot beat the price to go along with excellent customer service.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I put 200 hundred rounds through my pf-9 the weekend I bought it + a box of 20 critical defense hollow points and did not have a single malfunction. Since then i put at least 50 rounds through it every range trip without incident. While the trigger pull is longer than my m&p and 1911's it sure is smooth with a crisp break. It's comfortable to carry in either iwb when I dont have large pockets or in dress slacks with large pockets it disappears in the front right pocket.

Hundreds of failure free rounds completely stock and straight out of the box with only quick cleans after range trips. Yes I am happy with the reliability and the purchase I made on this particular firearm.

Glad to hear that. Just picked up my PF-9 last week, but I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Seems like the perfect conceal carry pistol, which is why I bought it.

holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    I have the chromed PF9 and really like it. It has a great trigger, is easy to carry, and is fun to shoot. Make sure you get any bugs worked out before using for EDC though. Mine would somehow end up with bits of brass in the firing pin hole causing light strikes after just a few rounds. A little deburring of the hole as well as the extractor and it works 100% now. I think the PF9 is a great value.
    Haven't shot the LC9 but if the trigger is anything like the LCP no thank you. Rounded edges are nice though.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    If you're willing to pay around $600 or so you should give the Walther PPS a try. I've got over 400 rounds through mine without a single problem (only one FTE when a friend shot it for the first time & limp wristed). YouTube's nutnfancy has a tabletop review of the PPS 9mm, and he carries a PF-9. About the only negative aspect of the Walther is its price, but IMHO price is (almost) no object when you're talking about the gun that you might stake your life on some day.:twocents:

Squirrel Dog brought up a good point about depressing mag release buttons on accident. One of the best features of the PPS (IMO) is the mag release lever, which simply can't be inadvertently actuated when shooting or carrying like most other handguns.

I don't know if a used PPS would be in your price range, but I'm sure there are a few floating around out there. They do seem to get snatched up quick, though. I've had two people ask what I wanted for it when I was at a gun show; one of them was the weapons checker at the entrance.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom