• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Funnest gun I have ever shot! Follow instruction to properly seat shells in the mag when loading. If you can get one for a good price, I would buy it.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ive owned one for 3 years

PROS
    1-fun to shoot
    2-the look on your friend faces when you shoot it
    3-accurate

cons
    1-expensive to shoot
    2-try to find 22mag ammo
    3-mag holds 30...but don't load more than 25
    4-picky on ammo
    5-try to find one that wont break the bank (450-700 dollars at the last gun show)
    6-kind of picky on ammo
    7- very picky on ammo
    8-for the love of god don't try to shoot any ammo that's not listed or costs less than 19.00 a box

I love mine, but ive had a couple of issues with it, the front sight was off to the left in the grove, I called keltec and they shipped me the allen wrench adjust it, then about a year later the front sight insert fell out, they shipped me a new one no questions asked!, ive had issues with jamming even on the listed ammo, ive put about 5-600 rounds thru mine, and the last time I shot it, it didn't jam once, but maybe its finally broken in.

ive had the best luck shooting maximags and hornady varmit, even tho they don't recommend it, Ive shot some fiochi 36 grain and it shot great! I just shot some maximag plusV and it was accurate, and was knocking down steel plates till it got boring, right now my biggest complaint is that it shoots low, and theres no way to adjust the sights. I hear people say that they'll buy one when the price go's to where it should be, about 360.00 (msrp is 399) but after 4 years on the market, I doubt that'll ever happen (I saw a dark earth one at a gun show for 700 dollars and ive seen them for as much as 1000) but I know whitakers in Owensboro sells them for 360 when they get them(and they don't last long), and the shop I work at sells them for 500, and they don't last, the last one sat on the shelf for about 6 hours.

all in all, if you are willing to put up with the "quirks" ive listed, buy one, if not stay away, you wont like it!, if you were closer to me, I'd let you shoot mine, but I'm way down south in Evansville, what ever you decide, good luck

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Whay shootersix said. I had one briefly but sold it. I just didn't shoot it enough and, for me, it was more of a range toy. If I saw one for less than $400 though I would probably buy it. I really want one of the carbines but short of a $1,250 Friends of NRA sposorship, I doubt I will see one soon.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    Great gun to shoot. The Columbus Rural King had 4 of them 3 weeks ago. $399.00 + tax.

Great instruction manual is included. Color photos and Illustrated Parts breakdown (IPB) are in color. Defiantly follow the loading directions and only use the recommended ammo.

The Columbus Rural King has some of the BEST prices on ammo and guns. The diversity of guns is really good, though I think some sales people buy a few before the gun gets a chance to be displayed. Just saying...................

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Like snorko,I too owned one for a short time. Took it on 3 range trips, the plastic the mags are made from feels very cheap.
    I couldn't hit with it. Ammo is expensive and can be hard to find. You would be better off with just about anything else for the money.
    I paid $369 for mine, when I sold it I got $550 out of it, with some ammo included. Sold mine post panic of 2013.

I will never again own anything from kel-tec, every time I have fired one of their weapons, they just scream how cheaply made they are.

Last edited:

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Whay shootersix said. I had one briefly but sold it. I just didn't shoot it enough and, for me, it was more of a range toy. If I saw one for less than $400 though I would probably buy it. I really want one of the carbines but short of a $1,250 Friends of NRA sposorship, I doubt I will see one soon.
    I believe I bought the one Snorko sold. It was a great little gun but I got tired of tryin to find ammo and moved it along to someone else. If you can get one for $400 or less go for it.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    If you need more info on it, check out the keltec owners group(KTOG) forum. They have a whole section dedicated to each keltec model.

Top Bottom