• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    I am thinking about the Kel-Tec Sub 2000, but no one has them instock to look at. I can buy one off gunbroker, I have never seen one in person. Can anyone tell me about it..I think it would be great to have a Carbine that will take my Glock 9mm Mags. Are they accurate out to 150 yards or so? Are they a reliable gun?Thanks

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I bought one before all the craziness for $350 from another member. It is a fun little rifle to plink and play with. I had no problems with mine. It has a lot of plastic, poor sights, and mine had a terrible trigger. I shot it a while then traded it for something else.

Dave

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    Are they good out to 100-150 yards? Can you put a scope on one? I had a High Point Carbine afew years ago and it was a good idea,but was funny about some types of ammo.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I haven't got to shoot mine over 25 yards but at that it is very accurate. You might be able to put a red dot on one IF you can find a rail or come up with something on your own. If you do use an optic you won't be able to fold it unless you can figure something out. The only issue I've had out of mine was when I first bought it I didn't put enough shoulder behind it and it didn't go into full battery.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I could hit the 100 yard gong about 7/10 shots at MCFG with the .40 Glock version and that was before I did my first Appleseed so yes I'd say they are accurate enough for fun/plinking/basic SHTF duty. No match grade carbine but way fun and relatively cheap to shoot. Plus you can shoot them at places like MCFG, no need to go to Atterbury or a rifle range.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have the .40 cal Glock version. I like it for what it is. It is not a rifle and does not fire rifle ammunition. It is a long barrel pistol that shoots pistol ammo. I can do a 4 - 6" diameter group at 100 yards. I think accurate groups at 150 yards would take some serious effort on the part of the shooter - ie: sandbags, no wind, prayers.

I like it because it shares ammo and mags with my Glock 35. It is very light and can be concealed easily if needed. The folding design is what separates it from other pistol caliber carbines.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I got one about a month ago and I love it. It is a great partner to my Glock 19 & 17. They are a great gun at or around MSRP ($400), but they are getting hard to find. I was on a couple lists for one at my local LGS's but never got one. Ended up trading a gun that was worth more than MSRP in order to get one. So, I paid more than I should have, but I love the Sub 2000 and that is all that matters.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Looks like a fun gun to play with. I am not a fan of where the charging handle is located. It's just weird.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Scope or red dot mounting... Look into the red Lion replacement for the foreend.
    </title> <meta name="robots" content="index,follow" /> <meta name="GOOGLEBOT" content="INDEX, FOLLOW" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="//a

It has an indexed collar which allows rotating the forend to allow keeping the mounted items, scope, red dot, light etc. on the unit without removing to fold... All aluminum... very nice...

Did have one instance of a round not fully chambering and it exploded the cartridge out the side, and the bullet itself only traveling half way down the barrel. Fortunately it made a big enough boom that we realized something was wrong and did not try to fire the next round.
    see https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...256-exploding_40_cartridge_on_sub_2000_a.html

keltec was very good, replaced all the damaged parts and now seems to be working fine.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Scope or red dot mounting... Look into the red Lion replacement for the foreend.
    </title> <meta name="robots" content="index,follow" /> <meta name="GOOGLEBOT" content="INDEX, FOLLOW" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="//a

It has an indexed collar which allows rotating the forend to allow keeping the mounted items, scope, red dot, light etc. on the unit without removing to fold... All aluminum... very nice...

Sheepdog - I plan on getting the Red Lion fore end and a red dot for my Kel Tec. Not because it needs it, but because I have some extra funds and I want to spend it this way. I will post some pictures when I get it set up.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I bought a used one in .40 few days ago. It was great the first 10 rounds until the receiver cracked and the whole thing came apart at the hinge in two pieces. I'm just hoping Kel-Tec will take care of me and fix/replace it.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i have a glock .40. it lives in my bugout bag, folded up.

they're fairly accurate. like, 3-4 MOA. supposedly it will accelerate a 9mm round to .357 ballistics.

kind of a ***** to shoot tho. they're pretty compact - read: cramped. few hundred rounds and it'll bruise your shoulder pretty bad. my front sight came off, i epoxied it back on but incorrectly, so it shoots way right, but at least its consistent.
    i've turned more than a few people off by letting them try mine, but i absolutely love it.

keltec sells rails and such, that i'm not a big fan of as optics will kill its main feature - being able to fold.
    i'm a huge fan of practicality and utilitarianism - like all kel-tec arms, the Sub2000s excel at that.

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    I have the 9mm version, I love it. I can hold a good group at 100 yards with little effort. Never really shot it past that. I put the but stock extender on mine, it is a little compact for bigger shooters. My buddy in Kansas ordered his from a gun shop and got it in about two weeks. He also ordered the KSG and got it A week later. He paid normal prices for both. I guess you can still find deals out there if you do your research.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I bought a used one in .40 few days ago. It was great the first 10 rounds until the receiver cracked and the whole thing came apart at the hinge in two pieces. I'm just hoping Kel-Tec will take care of me and fix/replace it.

Hope that they repair it for you because they have changed their blanket lifetime warranty policy back to the original owner.This is one of the reasons why I would never buy a used Kel-tec.
    Kel Tec CNC

captpaul

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Indy
    For $350 they are a neat concept and fun to shoot. The recent prices of $700 to $900 dollars make me cringe. Really cheap sights, overall cheap feel.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    For $350 they are a neat concept and fun to shoot. The recent prices of $700 to $900 dollars make me cringe. Really cheap sights, overall cheap feel.

quite. i paid 400 for mine.

I'd get it if they make it in 45 so I can use the extended mags for it.

i would bite on this as well. i think hi-point makes a .45 carbine, but the folding aspect really is the main feature to me, which no one else does.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    i have a glock .40. it lives in my bugout bag, folded up.

they're fairly accurate. like, 3-4 MOA. supposedly it will accelerate a 9mm round to .357 ballistics.

kind of a ***** to shoot tho. they're pretty compact - read: cramped. few hundred rounds and it'll bruise your shoulder pretty bad. my front sight came off, i epoxied it back on but incorrectly, so it shoots way right, but at least its consistent.
    i've turned more than a few people off by letting them try mine, but i absolutely love it.

keltec sells rails and such, that i'm not a big fan of as optics will kill its main feature - being able to fold.
    i'm a huge fan of practicality and utilitarianism - like all kel-tec arms, the Sub2000s excel at that.

This is exactly why I went with the Red Lion mods, as it also replaces the POS Front sight, (which I could never seem to get accurate or stay in one place, with the flourescent stick..) with a VERY nice METAL front sight which also includes an additional bottom rail. Bit of a challenge getting the old one off and this one but definitely worth it.. I think they also do a package deal for the combination of the rotating forend, along with the replacement front sight. If you are looking to put the money toward the forend mod, the front sight is definitely worth while... (yes this pushes the price up because the red lion stuff isnt cheap, but all quality materials and aluminum construction no plastic)

I have shown it to two or three others and they have bought one also or are looking for one...

(Yes it would be nice to have a .45 cal version, but oh well... this ones pretty darn nice) Some day I should get around to posting some photos. but I'm kinda lazy that way...

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    This is exactly why I went with the Red Lion mods, as it also replaces the POS Front sight, (which I could never seem to get accurate or stay in one place, with the flourescent stick..) with a VERY nice METAL front sight which also includes an additional bottom rail. Bit of a challenge getting the old one off and this one but definitely worth it.. I think they also do a package deal for the combination of the rotating forend, along with the replacement front sight. If you are looking to put the money toward the forend mod, the front sight is definitely worth while... (yes this pushes the price up because the red lion stuff isnt cheap, but all quality materials and aluminum construction no plastic)

I have shown it to two or three others and they have bought one also or are looking for one...

(Yes it would be nice to have a .45 cal version, but oh well... this ones pretty darn nice) Some day I should get around to posting some photos. but I'm kinda lazy that way...
    We would love some pics.

Top Bottom