• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have been all over the place trying to score a Kel Tec Sub 2000 (Glock Version) for about the past 2 months. I am trying to avoid paying the panic prices in order to get one and I have tried to offer trades of some quality guns. I have put in orders at a few different dealers trying to see if I can get luck and and get one for MSRP. I even have the 33 rd glock mags in hand ready to be used with the Sub 2000.

Question is....am I wasting my time? Is it that great of a gun to justify my fascination with getting one?

Carry on or give it up?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If you have the mags just be patient. They have been in short supply off and on for 5 years even without the recent scare. It is a $300 gun and by no means the best 9mm PCR made. It folds, it weighs 3.5lbs so it has some recoil and it is not the most comfortable gun to shoot.

Am I glad we got one back in 07? Yes. It is a great stash gun and travel gun for Glock owners. I am also glad I bought the 33rd mags at $18 each. I would not pay $500 for the gun or even more than $400 nor more than $30 for a mag.

Spending big money, buy a better gun. It is either your destiny to own or it isn't. See the gun grasshopper, be the gun.

pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Just hold out, they are worth the wait. I bought the .40 glock when i had a glock22 and then sold them both and bought the 9mm beretta version. Much better to shoot less recoil and the mags from my p series ruger fit it. Also so far mine hasn't had any failures, seems to be a very reliable quality tool.

cmc589

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2012
    almost bought one in October for $350 and was going to buy 10 33 round glock mags for it, really wish that i did now, but alas the time for getting that easily under a grand is gone.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I own the chromed Sub in .40 matched with my Glock 22. Great little carbine that can fit in a backpack, laptop bag, under a coat, suitcase, etc. Always fires (even bump) and never misses a beat. I think I paid $430 for it last year - a little higher because of the chrome finish.

Sights are terrible and there's no cheek weld, but I wouldn't sell it for $1000 right now.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I picked one up a few years back in 9mm. That and Glock 17 make a great bug out gun setup, both fit in a large pistol case along with a few 33 round and 17 round mags. It's fun to shoot but as Papascout said, the cheek weld is non existent and the factory sights suck. Red lion precision makes a very nice front sight and few other accessories for the Sub 2000. Sub2000 Accessories

pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    You could always start seeking out accessories you want for it now. They also are pretty hard to get ahold of. Ebay and Keltecs websites are good places to start. Also RedLion Precision has some great robust accessories.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I bought a Sub 2000 back in 09' in the Glock .40

This may be a good stash or backpack gun, but it is the worst gun to shoot that I have ever handled. Picture holding a Glock right beside your face and firing it. That is what you get with this Sub 2000.

VERY unpleasant.

I traded it back in within a month.

Save your money, buy an axe.

TK

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have one in OD green and hard chrome, paid $550 plus shipping plus FFL fees for it just before the panic set in. I also got my hands on 6 33-round Glock mags at the same time and pimped it out with all the Tacticool stuff and a case and sling from Kel-Tec.

I still haven't fired it but I have fired other 9mm and .40 S&W versions before. Being left-handed, turkey-necking will result in a face full of exhaust from the ejection port which is not very pleasant. Adding the stock extension would help by moving the shooter's face back an inch or so.

Someone offered me $1,000 for it on-the-spot at the 2A rally just over a week ago and I turned them down. I can't see getting rid of it even at inflated prices because it fits into my arsenal so well (G26 and G34 with various carry options).

I was able to hit the 18" gong out at 100 yards about 8/10 shots consistently at MCFG with the .40 S&W version I test drove. Seemed to hit pretty hard, too. I'd call the Sub2k a good zombie/bug-out gun that carries like no other but no substitute for an AR in a major SHTF situation.

pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Wow! If someone had offered me $1000 for my sub I would have done it. It's fun to shoot and a great bug-out gun but not a $1000 rifle. Agreed that it is a great team mate to your glocks! Prime example of the outrageous prices people are willing to pay. If I get offers like that I may actually be able to pay back my college loans.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just wait a few months and see what happens. I like having my Sub 2000 in 40 cal Glock. Is it a great rifle? - NO. Is it great thing to have in a back pack while hiking out of town when SHTF? - YES. I don't think I would pay more than $400 for it - even now. I would use my money on something else. But I won't sell it either.

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    I also was in the search. To be honest though, I think its getting old everytime certain people on youtube say good things about someyhing suddenky you cant get them anywhere. Not saying im not guilty myself obviously. Its just very interesting the things people will run out and buy soley on the word of their favorite yt guru.
    I like the idea of common calibers and using all the same mags as well. I just bought a just right in 9mm that will take any glock mag. My carry gun is g19 so I think im more excited then if ida found a sub2k. Guess the point im gettimg at is theres other good stuff available then just whats the latest and greatest on yt or some social forum. Still would like to have a sub2k but have made up my mind about these inflated prices and im passing on all of them.

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    There have been a half dozen in the classifieds on this site for sale, but the lowest that I have seen is around $800. Retail prices is really low on these, but the price is inflated because demand > supply. I have started the great hunt for one as well. Good luck fellow Sub hunter!

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Its a cool concept for a gun. I don't think its worth obsessing over getting one and certainly not worth the 1000 bucks people are buying them for. Having said that I would gladly give up mine to the first person that pulls out a Grover Cleveland and requests a trade. haha!!!!

What do you have to trade for one ACC? I've got a 9mm Glock version that I never shoot.

ike1018

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It's a cool gun, had one in Glock 17 and sold it after a few months. Light, compact and shoots pretty good. If you get the 9mm, recommend running 124gr in it until it's broken in. My biggest beef was just how cheaply it was made. The polymer was pretty ruff, sights sucked and it just didn't feel like it would hold up. I ended up at the point where I was either going to drop some $$$ into it to bring it up to my standards or sell it. I ended up selling, unfortunately a little too soon.

Lowrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Valpo
    Sub 2000 is fun to shoot, not overly ergonomic and took a bit to get comfortable with. After I shot a friends I too have looked for ever since but for me I think it is more the fact that it is(was) a cheap rifle, that would use the same ammo as may handgun. Can't convince myself there are other great reasons to own it or justify the elevated prices they are going for now.

Top Bottom