• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    I am a right handed shooter. If i mount the rifle to my right shoulder I cannot aim the rear sight with the front sight.

If i mount the rifle to my left shoulder, meaning my left hand finger is on the trigger, and my right hand is holding the rifle, i am able to aim the rear sight with the front sight.

So, i have a laser boresight and was wondering if i can sight only the front sight so that i can use it with my right hand and bypass the rear sight.

in other words, can i sight the front sight only so that i do not have to use the rear sight or will this cause innacurate shooting?

do i really need to aim the rear sight with the front sight?

thx

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Are you saying that you can't line up the front and rear sights? I've fired a Sub2k once and had no problem. I'm right handed, right eye dominant.
    If you can't line up the front and rear sights, then something is very wrong with the rifle.

columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    i dont think it is. i guess i have a large cheek bone????

I owned a sub 2k gen 1 in the past and had the same problem. If i am with my right side (right eye dominant) i can't align the rear sight with teh front sight.

but i can aim the rear sight with the front sight if i mount it on my left side...... thoughts???

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    i dont think it is. i guess i have a large cheek bone????

I owned a sub 2k gen 1 in the past and had the same problem. If i am with my right side (right eye dominant) i can't align the rear sight with teh front sight.

but i can aim the rear sight with the front sight if i mount it on my left side...... thoughts???

Get a red dot sight.

columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    update:
    I'm a dumbass.

I mount the rifle on my right shoulder but i kept using my left eye to aim (insert stupid meme here)

so then i tried using both eyes open (because thats what i do when i shoot my glock 22)

so then i close my left eye and use my right eye and now i can aim the rifle.

problem is, my right eye is blurry (i wear glasses) but with the glasses im able to aim it. which by the way, i used my boresight laser to sight it and it was sight it at the factory 100% perfect.

rifle is awesome.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Good for you, you figured it out. A question, though-are you sure you are right eye dominant? Something must have been compelling you to try to look through your left eye.

Top Bottom