• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    [SUB]I have a Samson Evo Keymod tube and ordered a BCM QD keymod sling mount for it. The BCM sling mount has a small lug that goes towards the muzzle end of the tube but the lug won't slide forward into the slot to lock it down. Anyone else have keymod compatibility issues? The Samson Evo came from Midway and the BCM sling mount came from Primary Arms. I could probably take a Dremel polishing wheel to the lug to shave it down enough to fit, but don't like the idea of doing it. [/SUB]

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Make sure you aren't trying to put it on backwards, your description sounds like the "problem" I initially had when trying to put a BCM QD on a KMR rail.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    mammynun is exactly right. I had the same issue. I swore I was installing it correctly. Turns out my wife knew better than I.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    do you have the screws loosened enough? I don't have it in front of me, but I don't think that lug has to "slide" anywhere, it just hooks into the next slot forward. You have to have the screws loose enough that the KM tabs can slide forward w/ the mount not flush (held up by the lug). Once you get it forward enough for the lug to sit in the next slot, the mount will sit flush and you can tighten the screws...

-rvb

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Make sure you aren't trying to put it on backwards, your description sounds like the "problem" I initially had when trying to put a BCM QD on a KMR rail.
    The instructions that came with the sling mount are explicit about the lug (with a laser etched arrow) going towards the muzzle.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Exactly, especially with respected manufacturers like Samson and BCM. That's why I'm kinda puzzled.

got pic? where specifically is the interference?
    I don't understand this statement: "[SUB]the lug won't slide forward into the slot[/SUB]" you did loosen the screws so you could slide the two KM nuts into the slots while keeping that little lug on the outside of the handguard, right? The mount should not be down flush against the handguard yet... Is the lug keeping you from sliding the mount forward (even w/ the nuts loosened), or once forward is it keeping the mount from sitting flat?

-rvb

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    do you have the screws loosened enough? I don't have it in front of me, but I don't think that lug has to "slide" anywhere, it just hooks into the next slot forward. You have to have the screws loose enough that the KM tabs can slide forward w/ the mount not flush (held up by the lug). Once you get it forward enough for the lug to sit in the next slot, the mount will sit flush and you can tighten the screws...

-rvb

got pic? where specifically is the interference?
    I don't understand this statement: "[SUB]the lug won't slide forward into the slot[/SUB]" you did loosen the screws so you could slide the two KM nuts into the slots while keeping that little lug on the outside of the handguard, right? The mount should not be down flush against the handguard yet... Is the lug keeping you from sliding the mount forward (even w/ the nuts loosened), or once forward is it keeping the mount from sitting flat?

-rvb
    Than you Ryan. After returning home to give it another whack, it worked. I knew the lug was supposed to go into the next forward slot (sorry about that confusion) but I just couldn't get it forward enough to drop in. I had the screws backed so far out that they kept falling out when I would try to attach it. I guess I finally had just enough thread to hold them in and gave the sling mount a solid bump with the palm of my hand to get it seated. Ugh. Thanks again!

Top Bottom