• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    why the witch hunt? They act like someone did this on purpose and there is someone to lay blame on........ someone to file criminal charges against.

Whats next? some company has a major issue on land, spills something? burns down? explodes? etc.... are they going to go after them? Is this the beginning of the end for manufacturing in america?

$h!t happens........ time to clean it up.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    why the witch hunt? They act like someone did this on purpose and there is someone to lay blame on........ someone to file criminal charges against.

Whats next? some company has a major issue on land, spills something? burns down? explodes? etc.... are they going to go after them? Is this the beginning of the end for manufacturing in america?

!t happens........ time to clean it up.

:+1:Thank you for that refreshing comment... I wish people would stop calling for the government to investigate BP. Why? So they can take them over and make them go bankrupt? Or drive them out of business?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

!t happens........ time to clean it up.

It is taking the focus off of the travisty of Obamacare, Immigration and all the other crap that they are rapidly trying to push through before the SHTF for them in November! It is all lip service and rhetoric!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    :+1:Thank you for that refreshing comment... I wish people would stop calling for the government to investigate BP. Why? So they can take them over and make them go bankrupt? Or drive them out of business?

I feel the same way.

I live in NWI near several steel mills. Sometimes accidents happen, messes are made, and people have died. It is a true tragedy when there is loss of life. But that doesn't mean we should be hoping for the President of the United States to come and "kick someones a$$"!! It doesn't mean it is the job of the Federal Government to do squat about it! I sure wouldn't want the FEDS coming here to sue the mills out of business. They are the lifeblood of our region's economy.

Likewise, BP is a huge employer. What good would bankrupting them do other than to lay off thousands of workers and to make us more dependent on foreign oil?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What a very unpresidential thing to say.

Obama is merely trying to stir up people, along with the willing help of the media, to generate public approval of more environmental legislation.

They are planning to revive the "Cap & Trade" bill very soon. That kind of law will put the economy squarely out of its misery.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This does bring one question to my mind. As a former president of a reasonably large company, I often saw middle managers get hung up on who to blame for an ongoing problem. To my mind that doesn't solve the problem, only divides the people while the problem continues.

So I ask:

HOW WILL KICKING SOMEONE'S ASS PLUG THIS LEAK?

Seems to me that this will solve nothing and concentrating on who to blame will divert the sharp minds needed to resolve the problem by having them concentrate on bulls#it blame games.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    bho, doesn't know who's @$$ to kick, nor is he able to do it himself
    MHO..... just talkin'..... WISH TV, Indy, Channel 8, has their question of the day, do you think that BP, should face criminal charges, for the oil leak..... I thought there had to be intent to face charges ?????

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    How does 357 not get blocked by the moderators? He disrupts every thread he gets on with his BS!!!!

Aww, I disrupted some good ole Obama-bashing by pointing out that the man had nothing to do with creating the problem.

The busted well was built years before he got in office, and it's a mile deep. It's not an easy thing to fix.

Sorry (actually, no) for interfering with the afternoon's Two Minutes' Hate.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business

Obama is merely trying to stir up people, along with the willing help of the media, to generate public approval of more environmental legislation.

They are planning to revive the "Cap & Trade" bill very soon. That kind of law will put the economy squarely out of its misery.

I think his handlers have focus-grouped the problem and have learned that the public wants him to appear more animated. This is one of the greatest environmental disasters in history, and people want to see some outrage.

He also needs to cover for his pro-drilling position he took shortly before the pipe broke.

This case illustrates a problem with the free market. How can BP not face the penalty of paying for every dollar of harm it caused? BP doesn't have the money to pay for the cost of this disaster, so bankruptcy is the only means of extracting every dollar of BP's value to pay for its accident.

If BP isn't forced to pay for all the harm it caused, then the free market is meaningless, as we are all subsidizing BP by ourselves bearing the cost of BP's accident.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    How does 357 not get blocked by the moderators? He disrupts every thread he gets on with his BS!!!!
    Use the "Ignore" feature!! :)
    It works for me.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner!!
    This Administration is all about take over and control. They could care less about the environment.

EXACTLY!!
    In order to conquer a country you must first destroy it's economy.
    Hitler would never have come to power without the economic collapse of the Weimar Republic.
    Mike

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    thanks mike

Boy, I tell you , you hear enough "spin" from the media and then have to come on here to maybe hear what others truly think and then have to listen to someone who maybe is better at "spin" than even the media is!!! Thanks Stay safe

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I think his handlers have focus-grouped the problem and have learned that the public wants him to appear more animated. This is one of the greatest environmental disasters in history, and people want to see some outrage.

He also needs to cover for his pro-drilling position he took shortly before the pipe broke.

Agreed.

This case illustrates a problem with the free market. How can BP not face the penalty of paying for every dollar of harm it caused? BP doesn't have the money to pay for the cost of this disaster, so bankruptcy is the only means of extracting every dollar of BP's value to pay for its accident.

If BP isn't forced to pay for all the harm it caused, then the free market is meaningless, as we are all subsidizing BP by ourselves bearing the cost of BP's accident.

Interesting...if there is no force, the market isn't free...anyone else see the irony here?

If the market were truly free (respecting private property rights), instead of corparatist/neo-mercantilist, it would be more likely that BP would be "forced" (likely making attorneys like you and arbitrators rich in the process) to bear the full cost of this tragedy, or at least a much greater percentage thereof, to the extent to which it could be measured.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    If the market were truly free (respecting private property rights), instead of corparatist/neo-mercantilist, it would be more likely that BP would be "forced" (likely making attorneys like you and arbitrators rich in the process) to bear the full cost of this tragedy, or at least a much greater percentage thereof, to the extent to which it could be measured.

I could have sworn that's what I said. The outcome of that would likely find BP bankrupt.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Starting a federal criminal investigation will allow the government to keep any information they want under court seal. :twocents:

Top Bottom