• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamthameg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ouch. I feel for you. My mom had a kidney stone awhile back that she couldn't pass and she ended up hospitalized for a few days! She's a nurse and she still couldn't deal with the pain on her own! Mark, my boyfriend, has also had a few and the pain can be unbearable. All you can do, is let it takes its course and wait for it to pass.

A few ways to speed up the process though is to drink plenty of fluids - not soda but water, cranberry juice, etc. Something good for you and also something that will encourage you to have to go to the bathroom. Exercising is also good although it may hurt a little it encourages the stone to move and makes you thirsty so you'll be more apt to drink fluids. Don't drink too much caffeine or carbonation - they make you dehydrated and not need to use to the bathroom. Good luck!!!

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you will see several "similar threads". The one titled "I HATE KIDNEY STONES!!!" is a pretty informative thread. I was going through something similar at the time that thread was active.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Pretty much a bunch of that with intense pain that makes you want to vomit.

My last one was stuck between my bladder and kidney in my urethra.
    Good times... good times.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I have a Kidney stone 6mm big. Have you had one and what am I in for? I know the pain.

I’ve seen grown men squirm, moan, and cry with kidney stones more then women in full blown labor; and I’ve seen my far share of both.

Hopefully everything goes smooth for you.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Thank you everyone, waiting to see what the doctor will do tomorrow. I think the wait is as bad as the pain. I hate hospitals. CT was cool they gave me a CD and I watch my Stone in my body.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    In about 2000 over the 4th of July weekend I had 4 stones about 1/4" in diameter back to back. They had to go through little red_zr24x4 to break them up and remove them...
    Now today im sitting in a hotel room in Wisconson peeing blood trying to pass another one....isnt life grand??
    Atleast this time I can go to the bathroom, in 2000 I was in the ER everyday over the weekend getting pain pills, IV's and a cathiter
    SOOO, hows your day going??

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Cranberry juice and at least a gallon of water a day.

A hot bath really does wonders for the pain when mine act up.

I don't think I've had any that big, (never bothered with Docs and CTs and all that). Big enough to cause intense pain and pee alot of blood though.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've heard lots of stories about how bad kidney stones are, I would guess that your screen name may be more applicable than you may think by the time they pass. :D

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Been there.....done that.......don't care to do it again.
    Labor day, 2008 I was knocked to the ground with 2) 7mm stones.
    It was the most painfull expierence I have ever had.
    Doc. got one with a "basket removal procedure", then installed a stint from right kidney to bladder. Kidney infection 3 days later. Not good.
    One month later they did the ultrasound treatment to break up the remaining stone which I gladly then peed out for about a week, then had the stint removed......that was FUN!.
    Good part is I gave up sodas, and I now limit my coffee consumption to 2 cups a day. I also drink PLENTY of water. Doc. said beer was ok!!!!!
    Good luck with yours......man I feel for you.
    Mike H

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Whew! I feel you pain my friend!

Two pieces of advice.
    1) CranApple juice. (Better than straight cranberry juice)
    2) Herbal supplement called "Hydrangea", pronounced High-Dran-Gee-Ah

Hydrangea breaks up calcium deposits in your system. Assuming, of course, that you have a calcium rock in there. According to my doctor, there are several types of kidney stones but the most common is Calcium rocks. Usually caused by drinking too much coffee and caffeine drinks like Mt. Dew and Coke, or lots of very salty foods. Of course, you won't know what kind it is until you capture it on the way out and take it to the lab to have it tested. Usually, if you get one, you will get them the rest of your life unless you change your diet completely. You really have to watch your salt and caffeine intake.

However, by buying the Hydrangea and putting 10-15 drops in a glass of water each day, twice a day you can drink all the pop or coffee you want, but still have a small chance of developing a stone.

With one your size, you have a 40% chance of actually passing the stone. But that's still a good chance if you down a couple containers of cranapple juice each day. Trust me, unless you got hella good insurance, pass the stone naturally. It will hurt, but not as bad as you think. I expected an explosion of my manhood before it would come out, but it wasn't THAT bad. :):

Good luck to you!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Kidney stones feel good compared to a ruptured appendix. After that pain, kidney stones would be a treat. I did think kidney stones hurt up until last summer.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Kidney stones feel good compared to a ruptured appendix. After that pain, kidney stones would be a treat. I did think kidney stones hurt up until last summer.

How big and how many? My first was 4 and 5 mm, and my second was a lone 7mm stone. The last one I had, I had for well over 7 months... :xmad:

Top Bottom