• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gjclark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    So I opened carried tonight as I am trying to get comfortable with it. I am super comfortable with concealed but am trying to get myself to the point where I can do either without thinking about it... Any ways. I had remembered reading about people who opened carried and they said that kids are quick to notice the gun, better than their parents anyway so while I was in Kroger tonight I saw a mom with her two kids and hesitated to pass them even though they stopped and were getting milk. The mom smiled at me and moved her cart so I had to walk pass and as I did I heard the boy say "He has a gun!" I was like "Oh boy, here we go..." But I just looked back and smiled big at the kid and the mom was like "Oh, my gosh I am so sorry," and then to the boy "It's ok, we will talk about this later."

good times :)

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Glad the mother wasn't a flaming anti-gunner or it would have been quite the public spectacle.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Kids tell it like they see it! :laugh:

Was in line at the grocery store once and a little kid seated in his mom's cart belts out HEY MISTER! At that point Mom put her hand over his mouth. It got a few chuckles from some other people in line.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I have noticed that kids notice everything. Most adults are too busy in their own world to usually see anything, let alone make eye contact with a stranger and actually speak. I bet if she knew your phone number she would have sent you a nasty text or posted something nasty on your Facebook page.......but actually speak.......usually never happens. Congrats on the open carry. Most people, including myself love to see it. It's usually the anti gun libs that have problems with it. Keep on keepin on.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    So I opened carried tonight as I am trying to get comfortable with it. I am super comfortable with concealed but am trying to get myself to the point where I can do either without thinking about it... Any ways. I had remembered reading about people who opened carried and they said that kids are quick to notice the gun, better than their parents anyway so while I was in Kroger tonight I saw a mom with her two kids and hesitated to pass them even though they stopped and were getting milk. The mom smiled at me and moved her cart so I had to walk pass and as I did I heard the boy say "He has a gun!" I was like "Oh boy, here we go..." But I just looked back and smiled big at the kid and the mom was like "Oh, my gosh I am so sorry," and then to the boy "It's ok, we will talk about this later."

good times :)

"See, Johnny, this is why you don't talk to strangers. There are too many mentally unstable men out there who want to feel like Rambo by carrying a gun. If they are carrying a gun, who knows what they might do to us." Yeah, I'm sure what she said later to her son was complimentary to you. :laugh:

Btw, my post is supposed to be funny and not a reflection of what I think of those who open carry.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom