• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    There are so many other areas that could use under cover cops: chop shops, human trafficking, neighborhood drug sweeps, etc. Office betting pools on football? No. I like to stand by my fellow cops 99% of the time. This is the other 1%.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well on the brighter side, at least no cops were harmed :rolleyes:

seems a lot of SWAT teams and cops dont care about anyone but themselves going home safe at night.

Just like that IMPD officer who was accused of misconduct in beating that 15 year old gang banger said "This is about us" (meaning cops)

they dont care about us people. Even what you do in your own home and not hurting anyone else will get you killed these days. I think those citizens need to erect a guillotine in the public square.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Again absolute total slap in the face lack of accountability for law enforcement. If I were practicing unsafe target shooting and a bullet went stray killing someone, I would be charged accordingy.

I have never heard of an ongoing undercover operation which was designed to arrest a single low level player like this. The purpose of undercover work is to gather intelligence "which alone must be a daunting task for some cops given the mental aptitude displayed in this case", and use this acquired information to penetrate higher level criminal organizations. The swat should only have been deployed in the case where the source of the gambling had been discovered, but little information as to the capabilities of this person or persons was known. At that point swat would be utilized on the air of caution.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The worst part of this case is the method/technique of police work that was used that led to the military operation. A cop overheard this optometrist talking with his buddies at a bar about low stakes betting amongst friends. $50 bucks here and there during football season. He "befriended" the optometrist and over the next several months was able to talk him into placing larger bets. The optometrist was strung out until the cop was able to get him bet the magic number - $2000. In Virginia, $2000 is the cutoff for "operating a gambling operation".

Enter the soldiers.

Cops then leaned on the hospital to not inform the parents of Sal while a story was hatched. They were informed over 5 hours later.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I like this part:

"Calculating the trajectory of the shot that entered Culosi's side and pierced his aorta, and the location of Bullock's shell casing near where Culosi fell, the lawyers argued that Bullock had moved away from his sport-utility vehicle and was only eight to 10 feet from Culosi - not 20 feet and emerging from his vehicle, as Bullock said - when he fired.
    Police lawyers said in court briefs that Culosi may not have been standing perfectly upright, which would affect the trajectory calculations, and that the shell casing might have blown or been kicked down the slight incline from where Bullock fired.
    Though Bullock was following proper procedure by aiming at his target, he was not supposed to have his finger on the trigger. Bullock told police investigators in 2006, "my finger rolled and somehow got on the trigger and pulled the trigger," an internal affairs interview transcript shows.
    DiMuro and Lieberman hired experts to testify that the shooting couldn't have happened the way Bullock said, court records show, and produced an animated video showing how the trajectory of the bullet didn't match Bullock's story - but it did match a close-range shooting.
    Brinkema ruled that three Culosi experts could testify. And last week, she ruled that the animation could be shown to the jury. Settlement talks heated up, and in a closed session Tuesday night, the Fairfax Board of Supervisors approved the payment, county spokeswoman Merni Fitzgerald said."

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    SERVES HIM RIGHT FOR GAMBLING AND NOT PAYING TAXES ON IT. OH DID I SAY TAXES? YES I SAID TAXES? THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU. YOU DON'T PAY YOUR TAXES YOU GONNA GET EXECUTED. SEEMS TO ME THE FRENCH DID IT BY LOPPING YOUR HEAD OFF. WELL AT LEAST HERE WE GIVE YOU THE DIGNITY OF BEING SHOT "EXECUTION" STYLE. IRS AGENTS WITH LICENSES TO KILL. OH JOY. I'M SO EXCITED. I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT. MAYBE I SHOULD BE COME AN IRS AGENT. THAT WAY WHEN SOMEONE DOESN'T PAY TAXES ON GAMBLING I CAN HAVE THE SWAT TEAM COME AND EXECUTE THEM!!!!

Huu ? Could you repeat that I am hard of hearing .
    :)::)::)::)::):

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Sorry, Duncan, but yes, firearms go off on their own.

Don't make me get all Shootrite 870 up in here.:D

No they do not .
    Some outside force has to interact with it .
    IE the hammer is cocked on an old single action and it falls from the table and hits the ground ... some one had to cock it and lay it on the table then an outside force had to knock it to the ground ... person , cat , earthquake .

If you truly believe ,and you're not just yanking my chain , that a mechanical device can activate on it's own IE a modern day fire arm .. then I suggest you reevaluate your firearms handling responsibilities .
    thanks
    Duncan

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    trnsplntfrmohio, I find your purple post all the more funny due to the quote in your sig...

gambling as a crime does have a victim: the sate's bottom line. if you gamble outside the approved norms of the state, you are committing tax evasion and/or fraud.

Victimless: no
    Non-Violent: yes
    Worth SWAT backup: HELL NO

True ... now just for grins and giggles .. have you ever bought something over the internet and not paid the sales tax on you Indiana Income return as required by law ... come on now ... be honest ..

Thanks
    Duncan

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Just like that IMPD officer who was accused of misconduct in beating that 15 year old gang banger said "This is about us" (meaning cops) they dont care about us people.
    Not true. Jerry is a good friend of mine. He was talking about the support he had from his brothers/sisters and how the ruling allows ALL of us to do our jobs without the BS distractions. People read too much into it. He was thrown to the wolves by the news and his own administration and was just showing gratitude for the support we gave him.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Not true. Jerry is a good friend of mine. He was talking about the support he had from his brothers/sisters and how the ruling allows ALL of us to do our jobs without the BS distractions. People read too much into it. He was thrown to the wolves by the news and his own administration and was just showing gratitude for the support we gave him.

Been there, done that. Cincinnati PD brass used to use exactly the same tactics in controversial cases.

Top Bottom