• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    anyone know much about these firearms seen one today found it to be quite interesting i know Daewoo made it and kimber imports them but what else do my fellow INGOERS know about this fine piece btw did i mention serial # 000026

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Had one for a while (actually the DR200, which is 5.56).

Import and neutered copy of the Korean K2 military issue rifle. Mine was reliable, fairly accurate for an op rod weapon (I could get a solid 2MOA at 100 with handloads tailored to the gun, about 2-3 MOA with NATO spec junk), you could shut off the gas or open it up more depending on conditions.

Few problems though, primarily being no parts. Yeah, there is some guy making some rail or this or that for it, but if you crack a carrier, then no bueno. Granted, it's a rough and durable weapon that can take abuse, but main issue in my mind is if they are firing hot ammo through it with an incorrect gas setting on the regulator and viola, peened parts that you cannot get anymore.

Kimber imported them but will not help out in the parts department (as was my nightmare trying to find a replacement bolt to just have around). Mine was relegated to the safe, choked full of CLP Collector and never saw the light of day again. They really are nice, but I am not going to put any more wear on it.

If you decide to get it, look up how to take it down and examine the parts for inordinate wear. If anything looks hinky, put it down and walk away. I almost picked up a second DR200 until I opened it up. Darn hillbilly owner did nothing but run NATO ammo and his "buddies handloads" through it and peened a bunch of parts.

Top Bottom